Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blue Diamond Discus

red/gold/orange or what ever you want to call it

Has anybody seen these in australia yet???

Blue Diamond Discus
    I take it that none of the 44 people that has looked at this post has seen them here yet???

No, but I'd sure be pleased to see them here :P
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Blue Diamond Discus
    I've seen some very nice looking angels on diffrent american sites with all sorts of markings on them that I have never seen over here at all and was amazed and drooling over!

Wrigglers
    I've asked around about this before and the Asian breeders have little interest in expensive exotic angels. The ones you see are typically the result of some fantastic breeding by American breeders, and they also share and buy/sell between themselves.

However it is too expensive (is it even possible) to ship these fish from American to here. I don't even know if there is a licenced quarantine facility there. The fish would have to go via Asia somewhere in all probability. I am not sure if any of the Europeans have this sort of angel, but it might be slightly easier to get if that was the case, considering that people have already imported fish from Germany.

I'm sure it could be done for those who are pretty determined, but it would probably cost $100's per fish. They come up on aquabid occasionally apparently, and the angelfish II forumites have some regulars breeding them too I think.

Good luck, this would be an amazing breeding project if one could acquire such fish!

that is a shame....great looking angel!
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Hi, I'm New Here!
    This fish is just a red koi. you can tell from the black on the dorsal fin ,the blushing gill and the white belly and I`ve had about 20 of them exactly the same to varying.All from koi stock.This quality koi only appears every 1 in 5000.I breed my own ,but yes they are in australia.

Blue Diamond Discus
    I have gained an email from they guy who fish that is and here is his reply to me if anybody is intrested

Hi,

I started linebreeding for color in 1985. The first solid orange koi
    appeared around 2000 (they still contain black, but no white). I won't
    consider the project complete until most of a spawn turns completely
    orange. This could take another 10 or 15 years.

Steve Rybicki
    Angels Plus

Hi, I'm New Here!
    HI discusmad, If you have email contact with this guy, if you get the chance could you ask him if his angels that are line bred still retain the red colouring or does he have to outbreed with marbled to maintain the red. I always lost the red colouring in line breeding. If his don't and can be line bred this marks a major step forward in the development of a solid red.

My hatchery has decided to go back into breeding angels within a year we will be turning out at least 1000 angels per week. When these numbers are achieved I can generally pick out about 1or2 angels weekly of very red colouration. usually equal to the photo above in quality. Of course these are one offs they may not breed true. If anyone out there has the resources and desire (it will take years) to attempt the pursuit of the solid red strain I will make these fish available.