Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blue Diamond Discus

reds worms in nostrils ?

Sorry for the rediculous subject but that is what it looks like. One of my tangerines has what looks like a red worm up each nostril. Is this usual ? Inflamed ? Is this a parasite ? What is going on. Could this be caused by high ammonia, nitrite ?... shoot I did not check before water change.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tango2.jpg   tango1.jpg  

Tiny Fry
    Sorry. off the topic. what black gravel are you using. All the ones I have looked at raise the ph of the tank.

Blue Diamond Discus
    I got the gravel from Slippery Little Suckers. It doesn't seem to raise the ph. I just checked it then it is 7, and I put it in at 7 last night.
    Dave

Tiny Fry
    Is that the gravel form "Australian Pet Supplies"?

Blue Diamond Discus
    You have to ask SLS. They are in Kingsford if you have not already been there ... worth the trip.

I am putting this red thing down as a stress reaction.
    Dave

San Merah Discus
    definately not bloodworms up nostrils... I put it down to stress. I've seen some of these symptoms on newly arrived discus especially the light bodied ones like pigoens, whites, yellows etc.... seldom on Turquoise/Brown based fish.

To further show that it is OK.... here's pic of M'sian Grand Champ 2004... with bloodworms up his nostril!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails superorgonwhite_342.jpg   superorgonwhite_342.jpg  

San Merah Discus
    Black gravel does not come from Australian Pet supplies.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and where did you obtain that "Tangerine" from?

Tiny Fry
    You have to ask SLS. They are in Kingsford if you have not already been there ... worth the trip.
    That is a joke. It is a small crappy little shop. The shop capacity is 3 people.

If you want to see an awesome fish shop go to St George Aquarium in Rockdale, that is worth a trip

Hi, I'm New Here!

Same Problem

I have the same thing with one of my discus. Its been there for about a month and has not done any harm or spread to anyother fish. The only time i notice it isnt there is when the light is off for a long time. So other than the reddness id say theyre perfectly healthy; dont know what it is or how to get rid of it for good.

Quote Originally Posted by psx2doctor
    That is a joke. It is a small crappy little shop. The shop capacity is 3 people.

If you want to see an awesome fish shop go to St George Aquarium in Rockdale, that is worth a trip

whoaaaaaa hold on a sec there mate

SLS is probably the leading lfs in sydney when it comes to selling discus. yes the shop is small in size but that is where it ends. sls import outstanding quality discus and sell them at very reasonable prices. St George aquarium come accross some"OK" from time to time, but very rarely. and when they do they charge double what they are worth. i think if you can tell a quality discus from a poor one you will know that SLS more thanh hold their own.

i'd think twice next time before i trash a lfs like SLS when it comes to discus. They specialize in discus and do pretty bloody well.
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>