Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wrigglers

APW - Major Upgrade

APW Major Upgrade

This coming weekend (26th - 27th August) the APW website will be receiving it's first major upgrade.

Aside from a few minor cosmetic changes, a load of new features and technologies will be added further setting apart what we offer online and to make things even more user friendly.

Some of the new features to look forward to:

* Select and view products by Manufacturer/Vendor
    * Gift Certificates
    * More detailed order tracking, and partial shipment advise
    * Product Review - Allowing you to add reviews on our products
    * Wishlist - You can add favourite products to a wishlist
    * Newsletter, either monthly or quarterly advising of new products, soon to be released products and special customer only offers
    * Save all - the ability to have your cart contents be remembered even if you close your browser
    * Multiple product images, including the ability to have a large pop-up image for a higher level of detail
    * Product inventory levels on select products (i.e. 7 in stock)
    * Related products - something that is available now but is being improved further. Having similar or other recommended products displayed wth select products
    * Shipping - more available options and price reductions to select regions

On top of these new features, the security protocols and protection measures will be further enhanced, optimised by our use of up to 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption.

Once these upgrades have been loaded and the changes made we will also be adding several more manufacturers and brands to our inventory list, many of the products in question have been requested by customers on several occassions.

With almost 2000 products already listed, we intend to have the largest range of aquarium products in Australia with access to several brands that have previously not been available to the Australian hobbyist.

During the upgrade procedure some features or aspects of the websites functionality may be unavailable. Any such issues will only be temporary and have no affect on data we already have securely stored.

Thank you.
    APW
    Aquarium Products Wholesale
    On-Line Store. Sydney
    www.aquariumproductswholesale.com

Blue Diamond Discus
    WOW that's alot of new features :P :P

One other thing will you be getting a Phone Number to be contacted on or will it be by email still?

Thanks and and can't wait for upgrade
    Cheers,

Rick

Blue Diamond Discus
    Looking forward to the upgrade.

I too am hoping that it will include a Telephone No. for contact.

Sometimes if you are a bit unsure about a product it helps to talk to the supplier.

marg.
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

Wrigglers
    yeah it will be awesome to see a revise website!

could the drop down menu go straight to the link without having to click on go ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1_139.jpg  

Wrigglers
    This upgrade has been several months in the making. Small things like the drop down menus can be looked at, and if easy to do changed to a dynamic format.

In regards to phone support, that may happen soon, however some organisational changes need to be made first.
    APW
    On-Line Store. Sydney

San Merah Discus
    APW was a bit slow when uploading the page, can you improve this as well ?

For example when clicking the "next page" button ...

I dont think its my internet connection problem.

Good luck.

Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.V

Good luck.
    We use both a 512kbps & 1500 (T1) connection and page loads are instant. The server logs don't show any latency over a few milliseconds, so any delays must be net related or connection speed.

We are looking at ways of reducing some of the image files, and the use of larger pop-up images should reduce loads marginally as we will reduce the description pics (if you want to see a large pic, that will be optional).
    APW
    On-Line Store. Sydney

Blue Diamond Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by APW
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.V

Good luck.
    We use both a 512kbps & 1500 (T1) connection and page loads are instant. The server logs don't show any latency over a few milliseconds, so any delays must be net related or connection speed.

We are looking at ways of reducing some of the image files, and the use of larger pop-up images should reduce loads marginally as we will reduce the description pics (if you want to see a large pic, that will be optional).
    Sounds good and i have ADSL 1.5 meg and sometimes like DR.V said they do take a bit to load when clicking next page etc..

When you click on the products and go through main menu it's fine just the "next page button" can be a lagg sometimes. Don't mean to be rude just thought you might wanna have a look at it while the site gets a overhaul

Cheers,

Rick

San Merah Discus
    Yeah, thats what I mean, I also got 1.5M cable.

I mean 1.5M is pretty fast for just viewing a website.

Just my opinion tho.