Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    San Merah Discus
    Do you guys do gift vouchers?

Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdog
    Do you guys do gift vouchers?
    We will very soon, currently, if you want a gift voucher we can organise it manually, and provide a code that is used upon check out. Normally we use this for credit notes, or over payments (direct deposit) in lieu of a refund if agreed to by the customer.

If there is anything specific you want, please send us a PM or email and we willc ertainly work something out.
    APW
    Aquarium Products Wholesale
    On-Line Store. Sydney
    www.aquariumproductswholesale.com

Wrigglers
    FYI, All Aqua Design Amano glassware and layout tools have had a price review. Many of these products have now been reduced by up to 30%.

Much of this is based on feedback we have received, as well as the success of the Substrate and ADA Liquids in the local market.
    APW
    Aquarium Products Wholesale
    On-Line Store. Sydney
    www.aquariumproductswholesale.com

Medium Discus
    I will always pay good money for quality products and no disrespect to APW but seriously who would pay $302 for a pair of scissors. ADA have got to be joking if they expect people to pay that amount of money. They would have to be made of solid gold to be worth it

The ADA substrates are receiving rave reviews over in the US and I will buy ADA substrates when I set up my next tank but to ask for that amount of money for a pair of scissors is amazing.

I think a $5 pair of scissors from Coles will do just as good a job.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Davo
    I will always pay good money for quality products but seriously who would pay $302 for a pair of scissors. ADA have got to be joking if they expect people to pay that amount of money. They would have to be made of solid gold to be worth it

The ADA substrates are receiving rave reviews over in the US and elsewhere but to ask for that amount of money for a pair of scissors is amazing.

Dave.
    Go ask a surgeon how much they pay for scissors, or for that matter ask a hairdresser how much they pay. Then I think you will find that $300 is small change. You get what you pay for. These are surgical grade, Made in Germany under licence from ADA. These are designed to last a lifetime, and there are hundreds if not thousands of people around the world that would strongly disagree with your statement after using and owning such tools.

For the record as well. the most expensive pair of ADA scissors available in Australia is $255, not $302 (they are not stocked)

I think a $5 pair of scissors from Coles will do just as good a job.
    Not when you are dealing with delicate plants, and try find a pair of cheap scissors with a 1ft+ handle. These are tools, not just cutters, it would be like comparing a $1 razor blade with one that costs $15, the difference can be dramatic.

The comparisons could go on and on, Hyundai v's BMW, they both do the same thing, but one is miles ahead in quality and style.

Each to there own

Medium Discus
    No worries mate but just my last two bobs worth. We are talking about pruning plants here, not performing open heart surgery. I don't think the plant growth will suffer from being snipped with a $5 pair of scissors compared to a $300 pair of surgical grade scissors.

But as you said you get what you pay for and if you have alot of cash to throw around go for it.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Davo
    No worries mate but just my last two bobs worth. We are talking about pruning plants here, not performing open heart surgery. I don't think the plant growth will suffer from being snipped with a $5 pair of scissors compared to a $300 pair of surgical grade scissors.

But as you said you get what you pay for and if you have alot of cash to throw around go for it.

Dave.
    I think we need to put things in focus, whilst for the average green thumb, any scissors will do, but if you spend thousands setting up a tank, and the same on high quality, delicate or rare plants, the difference between success and an average job can be as simple as how sharp or fine the scissor blades are. Heck, I am not about to go out and stock up on these things, but I will certainly be getting a pair of the basic scissors and pinsettes, having tried them the difference is very noticable, plus, I guess others could then see and use them first hand to make there own mind up.

Medium Discus
    No worries mate,

I understand. I am not attempting to denigrate ADA or APW at all and if I had the cash I would buy some. When your set starts to blunt (if I am still alive) give me a yell and I will give it a go.

San Merah Discus
    APW will shortly be carrying a full set of planting equiptment which look pretty good, but only a small fraction of the price of the ADA layout tools.

These look pretty nice, but when u start appreciating planting planted tanks, u'd appreciate the difference.

Different grade of stainless steel altogether. Different cutting edge.