Hi, I'm New Here!

problems swimming

Im a little concerned about this fish. After a large water change (50%) last night he began to swim around with his nose up. This morning he was still swimming around with his nose up but it seems to take a lot of effort to move a small distance. When he does move its kind of jerky. He is still eating but doesn’t seem to be able to lean forward to pick food of the ground. The angle that he is on seems to be getting worse every hour. I've added 1g of Epsom salts per 20L and turned the temp up to about 32.
    Does anyone have any other advice?
    I took this picture this morning but his angle is worse now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unhappy_fish.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Sounds like the reverse of "head standing." I would approach it the same way with salt and higher temps. You might want to QT the fish and add more salt. It is a pretty pigeon and I hope it works out. Head standing is usually "unfixable"...and it sounds like it is doing "tail standing." Could be a tumor or swim bladder problem that I don't know how to fix...

SnakeSkin Discus
    I think you are doing the right thing with the Epsom salts as if it is a swim bladder disorder it may help... it may just be a waiting game now....

Good luck!! hes is a beautiful fish...
    sammi

Check out my music at MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/samanthadevos