Finally have a local Breeder

I work with the agriculture areas. I do all the Federal paper work for all fruit exports from the U.S. to Indonesia, Japan, Mexico..ect...and one day I was in touch with a lady I talk to quite often in a shipping dept. of a warehouse. We were talking and she was telling me about her husband and his fish. I asked her what kind of fish and she said...DISCUS..and that he is breeding them and has a web page up as well as expanding! I was thrilled! There is no one really close to me that I get my fish from, usually have them ordered from someone else, so this is a plus. I am going ot go and check out his "ta-do" and maybe get some Thai Yellows...at the moment he does not have a huge varitey. Here is the link.
    http://northwestdiscus.com/

Nice

i LOVED the breeding page they have started, Breed responsiblly don't hear that too often
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!

Blue Diamond Discus

Finally have found a local Breeder

Just finished reading your message and went to the Website as indicated.

Thought the Breeding Article was really good - great to hear of someone else who is also prepared to assist us Newbies .
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

Annie, that sounds lovely. You'll have to post some pics if you arrive home with new fishy children :P
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

The info on that site did intrest me, the breeding and responsiblity as well as what the breeder thought or does for illnesses and symptoms among a few other things. I have yet to make it there to see the Discus, but with my schedule, it has made time a bit tough.
    But yes ladyred, I will post some pics of the new ones still yet to get, in the mean time he are my newest ( got 2 of them) from a month or so back...they really make the Blue Diamonds and the Marlboro Piegons I have stand out. ( tank is a mess on the outside, just finished with a water change and did not wipe the outside down .)

Very nice shape Annie. The tank is looking good :P
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Thanks for being so nice...if you could only see the whole tank you would laugh! It is bare and just starting o grow again...I will have to get some more recent tank pics up.... : )