Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OAFI

I started my Discus fad becuase of Mac

many moons ago you could buy a big 7 inch turq for like $110 from his store but times have changed and prices have gone up.

with most good places you need to get in early to find the good stuff.

And although theres a multitude of stores that sell Discus he generally does have the biggest range and good value for money fish.

He is VERY VERY expensive for most of his fish and will try and pass off mediocre quality fish as A grade to people who don't know better. But Mac certainly has the widest selection of quality fish in town.
    "If it isn't a wild its way too mild ! "

Big grave dig

Any current thoughts on OAFI? I dropped in today and was kind of underwhelmed. Lots of discus but they looked in very average condition.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    He's selection can hit and miss sometimes, if you get there when new stock has arrived, you can pickup some really great looking discus.

Unfortunately, I've found this is to be the case in most of the shops in Melbourne, New life aquarium, Keysborough aquarium just to name a few others, you need really to get there early to get the best ones!

I've bought a few from him a while back before I found out about new life.
    On Saturday on my way home from work, I was in the mood to buy a discus.
    Seeing that his shop was on my way home I stopped in for a look.
    I bought 2!
    Have popped in from time to time but he always has pretty much the same stock.
    And his prices have gone up a bit.
    I prefer new life I think.

Free Swimmer
    I'd say his stock is not as god as it used to be. Price is an interesting point. I've been to many aquariums with discus of similar/lesser quality but twice the price. But the high end aquariums will sometimes have better stock at a similar price. I don't go there much these days 'cept for when I need to replenish my supply of cardinals.