Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Larvae

worming times frames and water change rates pls

Hey guys just running a worming treatment through my tank and wondering how long to leave it in before the first water change.

Cheers Justin

Ps: country town vets are hopeless when it comes to prazi and metro,, hmmm yeh iv heard of that ill see if i can get some for you. never heard back from them!!!!
    THE DISCUS DISEASE SYMPTOMS SEEM TO BE SITTING IN FRONT OF TANK FOR HRS ON END!!!

REALLY WEIRD FOR AN ADDRENALIN JUNKY!!!

24-48 hours should be fine, generally i'd do a treatment after a water change and just change water the next day as usuall.

Larvae
    Thanks Jothy

just wasn't sure 24 or 48, Hopefully this will have cleared em out..

Cheers Justin
    THE DISCUS DISEASE SYMPTOMS SEEM TO BE SITTING IN FRONT OF TANK FOR HRS ON END!!!

Larvae
    hey guys
    wondering if someone can shed some light here, did the worming treatment but not so sure it worked. let me know what you think!!

Have tried to ask a vet here in town about prazi and metro and he said never heard of it mate, asked at the produce store and they wanted to know if they were called different things by the suppliers?? diff label same chemical??

those fish still need treatment, they arnt black and the fins arnt clamped, so i dont think you need metro, what wormer did you use?

prazi is old unter "fluke and worm tablet", "wormrid" etc you will have to check the ingredients on the bottle

Larvae
    cheers Jothy

Larvae
    hey Jothy

the last dose they had was a lfs brand product that i had sitting in the cabinet, still having dramas out here trying to find someone willing to sell me a product, could i use big l???? as i saw that sitting on the shelf in the produce store?? other wise my next step is to call in a favour and get you to send me some of what you have!! im sick of no one wanting to take my money!!! terrible problem to have

BIG L pig and poultry wormer for round worms, you get it from produce places
    prazi you get here
    http://pets1.com.au/Fluke-and-Tapewo...lets-25pk.html
    or here if you need more
    http://pets1.com.au/Fluke-and-Tapewo...ets-100pk.html

if i were you i'd use both big L in week 1 prazi on weeks 2 and 3 bigL week 4 if you still see white poo on week 4 do a big water change and try metro, for metro you'll need to visit a vet, or a doctor who keeps discus

Larvae
    Just picked up some big L what dosage for 4x18x28?

4x18x28= 120cmx45cmx70cm= 378L

dose rate is 1mL/7L = 378/7= 54mL