Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Larvae

Re: Problems with Eheim 2215

fine air bubbles that keep coming out of the outlet whilst pumping water normally indicate a blockage on the pump inlet side or blocked filter media, my fx5 had the same problem untill i removed the polish pads and all good now. That flow on youtube looks to weak, what is the height from the filter to the top of the tank because if it is to heigh it will also affect the flow. If no blockages in pipework or housing what media are you using.

Quote Originally Posted by axl
    Hey,
    did a wc this arvo and noticed there wasn't much flow coming out of the outlet so i gave it a clean and checked the shaft, propeller etc. I also cleaned the outlet pipe as there was some gunk in there. I primed it back up again and the filter keep making noises with hardly any flow coming out.
    I gave the cannister a shake to try and get the air out as there were small bubbles coming out of the outlet. Do you reckon the propeller needs replacing and the cannister is only 11 months old.
    Whats yours thoughts and I also tried to re prime it 4 times with the same results

Cheers Tim

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    The flow rate is very low. My 2213 has a lot more flow than that.
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!

Medium Discus
    just did the bucket check and it was roughly 2.8ltr per minute way under what it should be. It can only be the propeller then can't it. All the pipes are clean and there' no kink in the hoses. Its only 11 months old and it wasn't going for 3 months of that period. Very strange and is it worth contacting them where I purchase it from to tell them my problem.

Medium Discus
    the measurement is roughly 820mm long from top of tank to outlet on cannister. Im currently using the media that come with the filter order is

green circle thing on top
    fine white filter pad
    bio media round little balls
    blue pad
    ceramic noodles
    green circle thing on bottom

It was working fine when i setup the tank nearly two months ago there was plenty of water coming out of the outlet. As i said earlier there is no king in the hose and pipes are clean. What is going on ?????

Must be the impeller or a blocked fine pad I'm assuming you changed the white wool at each clean try the the new impeller when it arrives

Hi, I'm New Here!
    You can also try just running the top section of the filter (the pump) from a bucket of water - hold the pump just above the waterline so that the red o-ring is at the top of the waterline.

Plug the filter in (might need another pair of hands as this can be tricky) and the water coming out the outlet should be near full power as there are no taps or gravity involved, it's just he power of the pump.

BE VERY CAREFUL not to drop the whole pump into the water at this stage!

If this works at full power keep checking your other bits, if it doesn't it's an issue with your impellor/pump.

Impeller shaft not seated correctly.
    "If it isn't a wild its way too mild ! "

Larvae
    Remove the 2 pads and run the pump,see how you go

the measurement is roughly 820mm long from top of tank to outlet on cannister. Im currently using the media that come with the filter order is

green circle thing on top
    fine white filter pad
    bio media round little balls
    blue pad
    ceramic noodles
    green circle thing on bottom

It was working fine when i setup the tank nearly two months ago there was plenty of water coming out of the outlet. As i said earlier there is no king in the hose and pipes are clean. What is going on ?????

Medium Discus
    tried the pump head in a bucket tonight and after a minute or so there was excellent flow coming out, so the propeller is working fine and the hoses are clean. I tried reconnecting it and the same thing happened again slow flow coming out. Why haven't i got good flow??? Could it be the white course pad at the top of the filter???? Intake pipe is roughly 1 meter long and the out pipe is about 800mm long.

Larvae
    take the 2 polish pads out and see, if that doesnt work take all the media out and see

tried the pump head in a bucket tonight and after a minute or so there was excellent flow coming out, so the propeller is working fine and the hoses are clean. I tried reconnecting it and the same thing happened again slow flow coming out. Why haven't i got good flow??? Could it be the white course pad at the top of the filter???? Intake pipe is roughly 1 meter long and the out pipe is about 800mm long.