That sucks mate!!!!!!

how are the fry?

fry are doing good. i managed to grab at least 50 or so

yeah it sucks big time!!!!
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Just an Egg
    Hi.. Sad to hear about the male but at least you have the wonderful babies.. I'm sure you will have lots of beautiful males in the bunch of fry.. Good luck with them and keep us posted.. Yesterday I picked up my 6 baby orangehead geos and am already in love.. These geos are very addictive.. just like discus.. never thought I'd be saying that!! But I'm already loving them. They are about 1 1/2 inches and fearless. Not afraid of the big bad adult angel, the school of lemon tetras or the big 120 gallon tank.. LOL..
    Once again congrats on the fry... Sue
    120gal koi angel , baby angels, rams and orangehead geos
    29 gal angel , bn, red tailed shark and black skirts

Hi, I'm New Here!
    These fish are very interesting. I have had an interest and been keeping Leucosticta for over 22 years. One thing for sure is that this fish especially the male is not the usual leucosticta variety we see in Aus.

The spots on Leucosticta can be highly variable, however fine closely packed dots are not one of the varibles I have seen before in leucosticta. Very fine dots such as those displayed by your male is a characteristic of Satanoperca mapiritensis, which I have never seen in Aus before.

Since these fish have been traded as Leucosticta its possible that this male could already be a mapir/leuco hybrid, the female looks like a Leuco, but when it comes to hybrids fish can display charactistics of either parent, so she is also questionable until we know her origins. Did these fish come from the same parents?, do you have any info on their parents? do you know if any of their sibblings are around?

We could be looking at a new species in Aus here, or dealing with a hybrid issue. Its important that we track them down and make sure they are identified correctly.

Anyone with fish from this spawn should treat them carefully, and not mix them around with leucosticta from other batches, or you could be creating hybrids.

Its a big shame you lost the male, he was a lovely fish.

Cheers
    Den

oops