Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Medium Discus
    i overlooked the problem with ammonia and nitrite ..my bad

hex wont really kill fish quickly ... maybe you should fix your problem 1 by 1 ....starting with water stability ie. no ammonia/nitrite and stable ph. once that achieved then star medicating your fish.

i agree with trebs to avoid all sort of ph products, discus can live in wide range of ph, as long as its stable.

Larvae
    I have already started treating. I have just order a RO unit from Peter through this forum. He said it is idiot prove, it needs to be. Apparently I can just dial up what I want and it mixes the water so I dont need to add any chemicals or extra minerals. This will help with the water hardness problem and also PH swings. It arrives next Tuesday so I will gradually changes them over to this water.

Meanwhile will contuine the Hex treatment and try to get my stress levels down.

Larvae
    Stability rapidly and safely establishes the bio filter and prevents new tank syndrome. It recommends that you can cycle a tank in 7 days by using it everyday at the reccomended rate. fish can be added at any time in the 7 days as long as the dosage is maintained. It indroduces a synergistic blend of aerobic, anaerobic and facultative bacteria.

Sounds great, but as with all these things Iam not sure how well they work. To be honest since using it I have had no trouble with Ammonia or Nitrites. So maybe it is good?

Now the tank is on just under 30, they have had two doses of medi and doesnt seem to worry them, should I keep on with the medis or stop and wait until I can get temp higher?? I think I should just keep going now. I have got the dose rates from werid.