Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biotype

Tiny Fry
    Hi Bart,

Good to meet you too..

Eheim 2217 is great for the water quality... My nitrates rarely go above 5...though I do a 25% wc every other day.

the tank is 300 litres... judging by the 40 litres per discus rule I have space for at least one more fish, and maybe two at a push... I know plenty of people who keep more successfully...

I have been a huge fan of planted tanks for ages.. but you do have to be very careful... there are so many places for bits of beef heart and other nasties to get trapped in a heavily planted tank, leading to misery for all

TW,

Yes, definately enjoying the less work aspect!

All my friends think I'm crazy for spending $$$ on bits of old wood but it seem to be making my discus happy, and thats all that matters really...

R.

Wrigglers
    I guess the 25% water changed every other day help with the water quality.

I run 2 x 2217s on my 6ft but change 40%-50% of the water once a week.

I haven't had a problem with beef heart or discus dinner getting stuck in nooks around the tank. Its a community tank as such so the kuhli loaches, tetras etc tent to clean it up.

I also tend to feed my discus a majority pellet diet.
    Cheers
    Bart

Blue Diamond Discus
    I'm right behind you here Rob. One day should I change my setup i'll be following in simular footsteps for a biotype setup.

Tiny Fry
    Thanks Matt,

I look forward to seeing those wilds your planning to get... they'd look great in a biotype

R.