Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt15

There's being F1 grade Wilds sold here in Brisbane many times before..... and they sell them for the same price as a Wild Caught if not more which is BS. But many of the people buying these fish are uneducated and haven't got a clue.
    Aint that the truth
    Why me ?

Just an Egg
    G'day Griffin,

F0 are caught from their native locations, F1 are the offsprings from F0 (both parents).

I think in the trade, we have wild-strains and wild caught and some traders might embellish slightly, "inadvertently" calling wild-strains as wild discus. Wild strains are basically bred and kept to their specific locality and patterns from wildcaught parents. The present modern discus have been line bred, crossed between the different strains or even hybrids of discus which can very well be different species (something debatable).

Cheers,
    Vien.

Just an Egg
    Just a question from a noob,

Is there a fish that is out of place in the group shop, third from left?

Just an Egg
    Wow those picture are absolutly beatiful.
    thanks for the sharing.

I bought mine in different LFS but know that most of them are from Bayfish and some may be from AI.

So anyone knows where Bayfish 's wild discus from.
    I'm not sure that is it allow to ask this on the forum.
    P.S: At least i know now that someone 's bred wild caught discus.

Just an Egg
    I mean 3rd from right... why is the only one with lines?

3rd from the right looks to me to be aroyal blue and a damn high grade one at that, thats the parent strin that jack used to develop his turquoise back in the 70's.

notice the brown base color on the belly and moving though the middle of the fish.

the blue starts on the fins and move into the body, unlike the modern day turks who have a solid blue base through out the fish

Just an Egg
    Thanks for that info, They are truly stunning fish. I think they are much better than any of the man made strains. Not sure i'll see too many of them here in Darwin but... we don't even have a Aquarium store.

I must admit, they are stunning fish.
    Why me ?

I've seen those pics before, but will never tire of seeing them. Your friend has the most beautiful wilds. Wish I live on your side of the ocean, so I could buy some of his fry.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Just an Egg
    Hi all you guys on this thread,

I saw my name and also these pictures. Anyone of you can have such beauties, as one has to make the correct biotope (and he did, also need some more floating plants, if possible). He keeps only one species (S. haraldi), that is browns/blues (and yeas there is one nice Royal Blue in the group, which is also a S. haraldi), and that helps also. And than he takes well care of these beauties. That is the only secret (as wilds are very tough).
    This can be done anywhere and by anyone. And do not have to be be only of my own collectings (ie like the Canuma variants).

You can have a look at some recent collected ones, they are starting to colour up and become fatter also by now. Just go to my website www.aquapree-bleher.com under LATEST NEWS and go to "Beautiful Discus".

And b.t.w. wild discus are been breed around the world, and if not where should all the tank breeds come from? From heaven?

Best rgerads

Heiko Bleher
    www.aquapress-bleher.com
    ù
    Heiko Bleher