Hi, I'm New Here!

red melon wants to but wont eat

hi,guys i have a red melon that when i feed my discus he rushes up like he wants to eat but doesnt,then he forrages through the food onthe bottom but doesnt eat then either.all the other discus, most smaller than him eat like its there last meal will even eat out of my hand,ive tried a variety of food but still doesnt work,any tricks of the trade cause im new to this discs obsession.thanks.

San Merah Discus
    Hi there,

How long has the fish been doing this for?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    about 2 weeks now

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I'm curious about this too, I had one that did this too and lost her about a month ago. I tried almost everything I could for her, but nothing helped... I still want to find out what happened. None of the others shared her symptoms then or now...
    -Renee'

Tiny Fry
    mine did this, they had worms, have you treated with prazi and levemizole?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    treated them today,thanks for your input.

Wrigglers

always a difficult thing

I also had one doing this.. Just to confuse the situation... There was no indication of worm issues at all (which I did monitor for a while) and I treated for those nasty little flukes..

I am happy to report that after treatment, he always has the fattest belly after each feeding and is joining in with the other fish where before he appeared to be a loner..
    Hello my name is Sharon, and I am a Fish tragic..... 25 years of fish keeping and still so much to learn...
    THE DISCUS BUUUGGGG HAS BITTEN....My Babies are all grown up now..

Wrigglers

always a difficult thing

I also had one doing this.. Just to confuse the situation... There was no indication of worm issues at all (which I did monitor for a while) and I treated for those nasty little flukes..

I am happy to report that after treatment, he always has the fattest belly after each feeding and is joining in with the other fish where before he appeared to be a loner..
    Hello my name is Sharon, and I am a Fish tragic..... 25 years of fish keeping and still so much to learn...
    THE DISCUS BUUUGGGG HAS BITTEN....My Babies are all grown up now..