Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bloodworms

Larvae
    Does everybody only use live or frozen blood worms? Are the freeze dried any good? I have some of them and at first my fish (cardinals and black widows at the moment till I get my discus) didnt really touch them, but now there all over them. Especially the black widows, but then they'll eat anything (even try to eat my fingers when Im trying to test the water )

Dave
    Dave

Larvae
    Some time ago I pointed out to my LFS that the last blister pack of worms I bought there (Hikary) was rather uselss as the foil came off all in one piece as I opened.
    The official excuse was the quarantine treatment process (some sort of radiation) for sterilise the worms!
    If this is the case, would it mean that all worms would be free of deseases?
    Gianluca (John)
    ADA member

Just an Egg
    Hi:
    I've used Hikari frozen BW and Brine Shrimp...They are great, my discus love them...

Check here:
    www.hikariusa.com
    http://www.hikariusa.com/frozen_items.htm

Bye,
    Nag
    "Out of hibernation"

escher

i have found my last two packs of hakari blood worms done the same thing

i put it done to the packageing, they only pulled part when i used a few blocks

has anyone else found the same thing?
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!

Tiny Fry
    me too me too (bloodworm as well as shrimp)....i thought i was bad luck...didn't know it happen to everyone too...

Medium Discus
    only happen with brine shrimp as for bw the packaging seal quite well. and i found the color with brine shrimp sometimes lighter brown sometimes darker brown, is this normal?

Tiny Fry
    Happens all the time to me. I put them straight into a zip lock sandwich bag straight after opening.

Blue Diamond Discus
    Trans sold em to me with zip lock sandwich bags last time I think because of that problem.
    Dave

Tiny Fry

Another player

People,

I have used hikari a while ago now. I have used a majority of Orca worms and like two things about them.

1. The price
    2. The packaging.

I am currently using some worms that i purchased that are imported by Resun and they are packed the same way as Hikari and i am told by the importer that they are actually form the same factory as the hikari worm swith just the resun foil stuck to the top.

My quesiton is how much liquid content does the hikari packet state is in the packet. These Resun ones seem to contain a lot of liquid and when placed in the water there is a visible blood trail that comes off with the flow of the water in the tank. Also the packaging is really bad as orcas are a lot easier to handle and not as messy as these resun ones. The resun ones i get are acutally cheaper than orcas as well but i am thinking of going back to orcas for the packing alone. I think the resun packaging states something like 98% water! either there aint many worms ore there just full of water!

Wayne

98% water hay!

well i supose the blood worms are 98% water in themsleves, this leaves you with 0.004% food

no wonder people should not feed only blood worms LOL
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!