Thread: Metro

Hi, I'm New Here!

Metro

Where can u buy this medication from?

Wrigglers
    you have to get it from a vet.

Medium Discus
    Along with a vet, you can also get it from fish friendly chemist with a pharmacy attached. i walked in with the Metro sticky and spoke to the pharmicist. She was quite understanding and gave it to me no probs. She was also interested to know how i went - but i havent needed to use it yet so havent gone back.

At the time of me stocking meds for when i need them, i rang 5 different vets in my area at the time and not one could help me. They suggested i called sydney uni.

Good luck with it mate - it depends on the vet and chemist.
    Aaron

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks i will try the vet tomorrow.
    Are they expensive to buy?
    The oscar is not eating, how would i treat him? 12mg per litre?

Larvae
    You can treat the water, Or 1gm of metro mixed in with 100 grams of food. When i dose with metro i dose 10 gramsof food and dose .01 metro. You have to havea digital scale to get it right. You have to use alot more meds if you dose the whole tank. The meds get into their blood stream either way so might as well use less meds.

Joe
    50 gallon aquarium,1 brown discus,1 Jack Wattley Turquoise,1 Marlboro red,1 Pidgeon blood,1 snakeskin,and 1 cobalt. One fluval 305,and an eheim 2215,Kent marine nitrate absorber and ceremic tubes for bio load. Change 1/4 of my water 7 days a week.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    fish is not eating, so i have to dose the whole tank

Medium Discus
    use a spare quarentine tank if you can. No filter, heat on 30 with an air stone.

Good luck
    Aaron

Medium Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by AHC
    Along with a vet, you can also get it from fish friendly chemist with a pharmacy attached. i walked in with the Metro sticky and spoke to the pharmicist. She was quite understanding and gave it to me no probs. She was also interested to know how i went - but i havent needed to use it yet so havent gone back.

At the time of me stocking meds for when i need them, i rang 5 different vets in my area at the time and not one could help me. They suggested i called sydney uni.

Good luck with it mate - it depends on the vet and chemist.
    if it is prescription only then the pharmacist is risking a lot to help you out... like her career
    best not to advertise that fact , just be grateful

metro dosing is 25mgs/l in water