Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Wrigglers
    Lol, cheers Illusn. I'll give the impellor and the chamber a good clean this weekend and see how things go and I'll make sure I let all the air out of the cannister. I'll post back and let you know.

Luke.

Wrigglers
    Cleaned the impellor area out Illusn and my filter wool but my filter is still only running about 1/4 speed. Could it be the motor?

Luke.

you must have air in it, is it making any sound? it should be silent, all the tubes are clen? turn it off 15 min then turn it on again, should give any air a chance to escape.

are the taps fully open?

Wrigglers
    It's making no sound at all, very quiet. All the taps are open and the tubes have been cleaned too. I'll try turning it off and see how things go. I cleaned it on the weekend and it was off for about half an hour and that didn't help either.

Luke.

Wrigglers
    Is there a possibility Illusn that the motor has gone?

Luke.

Not likely, mine are still running from 1986!!!!!.

the onlt thing that goes on these filters are the head sealing ring (3-5 years) and the impeller(2-5 years), other then that they just run and run.

theres one other thing you can try, remove the spray bar altogether and see if that restors the flow (you did clean the spray bar when you cleaned the hose right?)

Wrigglers
    I tried taking off the spray bar but that didn't result in any obvious improvements and yes I cleaned the spray bar. Im glad that there's a good chance my filter isn't broken. I'll open up the propellor area and have another look. What would be my next option Illusn?

Luke.

To be honest I'm running out of options, if you were in syd I'd just bring over one of my spare heads and bang that on your filter.

all i can think of is that, as the water gravity feeds into the canister and fills the chamber then the pump pushes the water through the spray bar.

if the impeller and hoses and spraybar are all clean then the restriction is coimg from the intake or the filter itself.

when you put the media in the filter did you put it in a mesh bag or stocking?

if not then remove the spray bar, turn off the filter and suck hard on the tube, the water should flow through easy, if it doesn't you have a blockage in your intake or in the filter itself.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Have you checked to see if you have any kinks in your hoses? or when it sits over the edge of the tank? I had this problem, so I shortened my hoses and that fixed it.

Did you also clean your double taps?

HIH's

Wrigglers
    Thanks for helping me out I appreciate it.

You do remember that my filter is at the same height as the tank rather than in the more suitable spot underneath don't you?

I put the media in onion bags mate so there is no restriction there and there is no kinks in the tubes as they are no longer than a 110cm from the filter to the tank. I blew on the the intake attachment when the filter was empty and there was nothing in there obstructing flow and I looked through all the double taps and they looked pretty good to me so I don't know

When I prime the filter after a cleaning or whatever I have to suck on the out take tube to get the filter to fill with water anyway and it always comes through the tube fairly easily with nothing seemingly stopping it.

When the filter was running alot better every now and then a burst of air would come from the filter and out the spray bar obviously releasing built up hair in the cannister. However this doesn't happen any more.

If it is the filter motor, can it be replaced or repaired?

I'm considering taking it to a LFS here and get them to look at it.

Luke.