Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This could be an interesting thread.... especially if I get my way in relation to a new car in the coming months.... we have one brand new rice burner in the family, however I am thinking of something small, and economical, that can maybe crush a German or Jap import...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Hummer

(although the potential offer of a '06 Beema 320i could be an option when the boss takes delivery of his new white '07 M3 (now that is a car with some kudos, 4.0L V8, 0-100 in 4.8 secs - unmodified engine))

...then again there is the Dodge 300c with a full blown Hemi in it.....

Quote Originally Posted by gibbo91
    But the price, buy a nice rice burner at an auction in japan then get it sent over here. Very little to make it road worthy then put it under rally registration, cheap and fast
    Yep ...its cheap and fast ...... and you mentioned its cheap didn't you?

Put it this way .... there are Eheims and there are Fluvals, Hydors and a few other Euros and there are a hundred other Chinese brands.
    The only thing for sure is everyone who can afford it wants a Eheim.

Cars are the same, The Germans just work and go fast. The Italians,British and other Europeans perform well ... when they work. The Japanese cars can both perform and work but nobody in the right mind desires them as much.

I've had Porsche's, Aston Martins, many Mercedes personally and have driven as well as had practically everything in my extended family's ownership Ferrari's, Bentley Turbos even shock horror a few Honda's and a Celica GTR not to mention a friends Skyline GTR with over 900hp at the wheels and I'll say this about cars .... for a practical blend of speed, comfort, reliability and long term cost of ownership German cars are best.
    That can be a Golf diesel or a Carrera GT .....
    "If it isn't a wild its way too mild ! "

Those who can see past the car badge can truly appreciate the car and its development.

Since its conception in 1964 to the bathurst destroyer of 1989, the car has developed a massive cult following like some of the classics over the years. A twin turbo, 4wd monster has never been so much fun to drive.

Sure a porsche, ferrari, wahtever is a lovely car to have.................. but its really not all about that.

Wrigglers
    R33 GTR

seriously though, a porsche 911 turbo eater. YES PLEASE!

/me goes down to clean the 33

Larvae
    Some cut/away pictures from the launch..

Larvae
    And like taksan, I'd prefer an Audi/BMW/Merc for something around this price tag (if I could afford it ), but this is going to be quite a ball tearer.

Strange place to mount the oil cooler, i also thought they'd go for a "V" mounted intercooler, and a bigger exauset diameter (doesnt look much bigger then 2.5"), guess they want to keep the engine noise down, radiater looks a bit weak, hopefully they'll fix that on the production run

The Vspec version is said to do 7:32's on that german track I mentoined.

In other words it will be faster than the top line porsche. Not bad for a car thats several hundred thousand dollars cheaper!

who need a zondah or mclaren! pfft

Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas76
    The Vspec version is said to do 7:32's on that german track I mentoined.

In other words it will be faster than the top line porsche. Not bad for a car thats several hundred thousand dollars cheaper!

who need a zondah or mclaren! pfft
    maclaren

one of the earlier GTR's, I think it was the R34 I can't remember, smasheed the lap record at The 'Ring about 8 years ago. thus the R34 GTR VSpec NURII special.

/me dribbles.

I love the look of the new car, but I don't think the shape is as timeless as the look of the R33 or R34 Skylines.

I am also curious as to if they will release a tamer model, IE r3 GTS-t or the R34 GTT in a single snailed V6, or even the non turbo 6..

much restecpt to the entire new vehicle design. new engine and everything. tastey.

bring on sydney motorshow 2008 so i can get up close and personal