Food Grade Wheelie bin for Water Change

Hi there,

I've been using 120L plastic containers (on wheels) from Bunnings for my water changes & although they only cost around $20 - $30, I've gone through several in the last year. They don't seem strong enough to be able to wheel around when full of water (they crack, the wheels snap off etc).

So I've been investigating the possibility of using a wheelie bin. I found this site http://www.mrwheeliebin.com.au/clinical-food.html it has some that are food grade, so I assume they would definitely be safe for discus. Whether they have the strength is another thing. Has anyone used these type?

They're more costly than others I've found (non food grade). I don't mind paying the extra, if that's what I need, but wonder if anyone else uses the plain old wheelie bin, such as this http://www.justwheeliebins.com.au/ep...roducts/bo120l

Any thoughts, anyone?

Larvae
    You are just throwing money away they are not designed for that much weight.
    Buy a food grade drum 220L for $15-$30 just half fill it and buy a good trolley $- ? and strap it on.
    Or better still buy a drum 220L long hose cheap 9000L pump

Rat
    Primitive fish have been around for millions of years become an Ancient fish keeper
    .......................................Jurassic fish are tested with time.......................................

But how do you keep a long hose clean. I have one already, but I now only use it for emptying my container of old tank water. I would never use it to fill the tank. My long hose is far to long for any hose brush I have to clean it & it is mouldy inside.

To fill the tank, I have another pump with a shorter hose. Because of the shorter hose, I need the container to be movable (thus the wheels).

So how does everyone else clean the long hose?

Don't stress about keeping the hose "clean"

it will be clean enough for the 5 min's of use it will get every couple of days, just keep it of the ground, and empty when not in use

if you get scared of transfering pathogens have a suction hose and a pumping hose
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!

Just an Egg
    Where is Sydney can you puchase these "food grade" drums?

Not sure about drums, but the ones I was looking at were found here http://www.mrwheeliebin.com.au/clinical-food.html Still unsure of them. People here say they wouldn't be strong enough. The seller says it would, so I don't know yet.