hey all,

have been looking around on the web trying to find a gravity feed system to take water to the new sump i am installing,

a couple of things, it needs to sit over the side of the tanks as they are not plumbed and i've been told it's too hard to drill them once they are together, harder on old tanks

we are prone to blackouts occasionally so need something that won't break the siphon, obviously the pump won't work until the power comes back on but with gravity feed and hang on piping i'm not confident the water will continue to flow.

i have seen some skimmer boxes on reef setups that apparently keep the water to a certain level in the tank (not hard to organise on any setup) but also holds enough water in one side of the overflow box to continue the siphon if power fails.

has anyone used one of these and can comment on whether or not it does continue to siphon once the water flows again, filling up the overflow box when the pump comes back on. or does anyone have designs that would accomplish this task.

billy i would be interested in hearing how your system works, have seen the post of your diy sump and this intrigued me

cheers all

brenton