Hi guys,

I have mainly been into Australian and New Guinea fish since I stopped keeping goldfish years ago and thanks to my 2 pairs of Bolivian Rams, I have developed a keen interest in Dwarf Cichlids. I am a real novice when it comes to Apistos besides knowing they prefer soft acidic water and plenty of shelter (rocks,logs and plants) so before I start stocking my tanks with fish I thought i'd better consult with some experts.

Currently I have a 30L fry tank, 2' planted and 5'x14"x18" planted tank and am curious about a couple of things.

With the 5' tank the fish consist of the smaller tetras (neon,lemon,glowlight,phantom), some blue-eyes, a few peacock gudgeon, a couple of gold rams, couple of otos and BN and a few shrimp (not sure how many rarely see them)

The 2' tank has a pair of juvenile convicts that are soon to be relocated since they have demolished the substrate and uprooted a few plants.

So my questions are, would it be a bad idea to have a couple of trios or 2 pairs of different species apistos in the 5' tank?

How many apistos could I put into the 5' or th 2' tank to avoid excessive agression between females?

Thanks in advance guys