Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Larvae

Some shots of my apistos (download warning...)

Must be photo night. Antwan put up some great pics of his little guys and girls. My shots aren't as good as Antwan's but you can get the general colours, etc, of them.

A couple shots of my new gold veijitas:

One of my male discrossus filamentosus (checkerboard cichlid). He just wouldn't sit still. I didn't think much of them when I first bought them - I only got them because my wife wanted them. But they've coloured up so amazingly.

Another guy who wouldn't sit still. My remaining orange flash cacatuoide.

My standard, juvenile, male cacatuoide.

Some shots of my new yellow blue borellii's. I couldn't get a shot of my best male. These guys are still prety young but I'm very happy with their development so far.

I struggled for ages to get bitaeniata's that stayed alive in my tank. This guy was my last shot. Thankfully he's survived and thrived. He gets better and better as he grows.

Here's one of the juvenile male inka 50's I picked up from Th0mas on the weekend.

Here are my two male agassizii tefe males.

Regards,
    Peter.

Medium Discus
    Very nice...where did you get the gold viejtas from?...they are spectacular..
    Mike

Just an Egg
    ditto - those gold viejitas are fantastic....

Medium Discus
    These are from BNC if I'm correct.

Larvae
    Yep, from BNC at Matraville.

Barry only got in about 6 pairs. I got two pairs. They're great in the tank and starting to assert some dominance, which is leading to some great displays from all the different males in the tank. The dominant male is developing a bit more red, particularly in on the top and bottom lengths of his tail. (I couldn't get a shot of him last night. Will try and get some photos of him.)

In amongst all the other apisto's and plants in my display tank, it's amazing how much these gold veijita's actually look like salt water fish in there.

And in a totally opposite situation to when most of us apistophiles get a new unusual species in, these have actually proven to be very hardy and are thriving in their new home. If barry gets more in once my fishrom is set up I'll definitely get a couple more pairs for a breeding program.

p.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Nice pics Parkap. I love those Inka 50's. As far as I know there's only a couple of people in the country with them here, they're a fish I'd love to get my hands on.
    Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did they think they were doing at the time?

Larvae
    ask Th0mas... maybe he can ship for you...

hehehehe

Larvae
    Nice pics btw parkap...

thanks for sharing

Medium Discus
    Think we're in a similar situation here. But generally there's not many apisto breeders around anyway.

Shipping to NZ would be expensive though, and I'm not even sure of the rule in sending live fish into NZ - assume it will be similar to OZ.

Thomas.

Wrigglers
    can you show us some full tank shots, im gettting back into dwarfs and getting idead for a planted dwarf tank. YOur fish are are beautiful cant wait to get the money to get them back going in my tanks