Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAGA SIZE

Hi, I'm New Here!

MAGA SIZE

Hi...All
    I've 7 months fry that all only 3 inches (included tail)...from here can i feed them to reach maga size around 5-6 inches?
    What to do if it possible?

Aside from feeding them a varied diet (Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, Beef Heart, & commercial dry foods).

The most important thing for good growth is lots of water changes and pristine water conditions...

thats the key to healthy and gorgeous Discus, actually, for that matter, just about any type of fish.

i would say consistant water changes,

some people think that they can do a heap of changes then back of for a few weeks then get suck back into it.

consistant water changes, good water quailty, and a varied diet

RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!

Take advice from Proteus - varied diet - lots of small meals spread thru the day and most important - water changes. Your fish may not achieve 6 inches but you will be giving them every opportunity to grow. BTW smaller size fish will still have normal babies that can grow to full size.

definately go with a variety of QUALITY food and daily water changes. i make my own beefheart mix and only use the very best/high qaulity ingredients. i feed my discus lots of small meals as often as possible. my big marlbro is at about 6 inches now and still growing
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Agree with all of the above, plenty of water changes and variety in feeding.

One more thing mate, can please not post your whole question in capitals, if translated to speech you are yelling, also makes it a bit easier too read.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    1l

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Hi...Kalebjarrod,
    are you going to explain the cheap method water change by recycle the polluted water with biofilter or whatever we could find and make it work?right? Some people noticed that the method of recycling provides many advantages also some counties do as such?like Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebjarrod
    i would say consistant water changes,

some people think that they can do a heap of changes then back of for a few weeks then get suck back into it.

consistant water changes, good water quailty, and a varied diet

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Did you mean that the next generation could be reach 6 inches?

Quote Originally Posted by ladyred
    Take advice from Proteus - varied diet - lots of small meals spread thru the day and most important - water changes. Your fish may not achieve 6 inches but you will be giving them every opportunity to grow. BTW smaller size fish will still have normal babies that can grow to full size.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    so far, I feed them with mixed food? chicken egg, sea massel, and dry yeast in day time and some commercial food at night time. I feed them every 4 hours and 25-30% water change daily (Wet & Dry filter)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattzilla
    definately go with a variety of QUALITY food and daily water changes. i make my own beefheart mix and only use the very best/high qaulity ingredients. i feed my discus lots of small meals as often as possible. my big marlbro is at about 6 inches now and still growing