Medium Discus

Apistos just die....

Hi all...got this from another forum...I think it sums many things up beautifully:

fishgeek,
    If your Panduro is already symtomatic the prognosis is not good. I may be more cynical than most but certain generalities seem to apply to Apistogramma. One partner of a pair always dies if you have spawned them once and not salvaged any fry. One partner of a pair often kills the other because no replacements are available. Something they eat disagrees with them and some die. If you really like a certain species and lavish it with the best of everything, it will die.
    These fish are perverse; sometimes those you ignore the most live the longest. By all means perform autopsies/fecal analysis. Hell, that's why I have a lab grade microscope. I've learned all kinds of things about fish diseases that have no practical treatments.
    Just keep at it and sometimes you end up with a mess of fry from some rare and beautiful species. Getting there is half the fun and all the expense.

Mike

San Merah Discus
    Yep....what he said.
    ...and stuff.

San Merah Discus
    By that reasoning, by ignoring my inka's for a week, it will inevitably prolong their lives that little bit longer!

Well done Rob you lazy bastard!

Wrigglers
    so true.....

my fish are thriving on neglect atm..

steph
    Current fish: A. baenschi, A. agassizi tefe, A. panduro, M ramirezi
    Past Fish: A. agassizi, A. gibbiceps, A. iniridae, A. trifasciata, A. agassizi alenquer,