Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blue Diamond Discus
    Just stumbled onto this, but would like to make a comment.

with regards to your comment Benny where you state :

"i dont believe that any non aborted child that is put down and treated like its worthless its whole life, is going to ever aspire to be a scientist or doctor or whatever, im sure with the anommalies there will be one or two here and there but on the whole if u are treated like that your whole life, or are worse yet abaondoned, the kid isnt going to end up anywhere but with a need for alot of psychiatric help, and an inferiority complex their whole lives..."

I have just finished reading a series of three books written by a man called Dave Pelzer. The first in the series is called "A Child Called It".

His mother was an absolute maniac - an alcoholic, used beat him senseless (I am a really big reader and my favorite types of books are true crime, and I have never read anything as shocking as the cruelty that this man endured)- his father was a total wimp (mother also stood over him too) - Dave's mother called him "It" and taught the other children in the family to hate him - he wasn't allowed to speak and was treated as a slave - forced him to live in the basement - he ate table scraps and dog food - one form of punishment that she meted out was forcing Tabasco sauce down his throat for small misdemeanors - I am truly not making this up (the Books are available at Angus & Robertson). When he was 12 years old the Police removed him from the household.

If you are for Abortion for unwanted children, then you would think that this fellow would have been better off aborted - well believe it or not Dave survived all of this, grew up and became a really well respected membeer of the community and a Policeman.
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

Medium Discus
    i agree that there will be annomalies from the circumstances, but 12 yrs of torture....? i think thats more barbaric then aborting the kid in the firstplace..

but thats my own opinion....
    Benny

the problem with most things we don't like in this world is that people want to change the world to suit them, not change to suit the world

its a sad fact

the only thing in this world you can change is in your mind, thats the only constant

unfortunatley abortion will always have right and wrong uses, and the only time i will truly have control over the issue is when it will affect me

i would love to say no abortions ever but there will always be a grey area

there are poor people all over the world pumping out kids, and for those who say thats beacuse there bored and have nothing better to do are just dumb, they do it because they realise that 60% of there children will die before them

that in itself is disgusting

but they keep on having kids beacuse they relaise that if they don't when they get old there will be no one to look after them!

no old age pension over there, no retirement villas

you a breed to look after your parents, then you breed to get looked after and along the way watch your children die, your friends die, and your parents die

and with the aids problem far to many kids are being born with no chance at life

this in my books is a sadly justified reason for abortion.

Did you know that most Drug companies complan that they can't cheapen prices beacuse of the R & D required to produce these drugs

yet they spend 8% Grossprofit on R & D and over 30% on marketing

that stinks, we should all be able to have all the drugs we need, especially those who can't afford it, its just the right thing to do

some more interesting facts

Did you know that australia spends more on the institue of sport than timor has on ALL there roads, schools, hospitals, defence, blah blah blah

America subsidises there cotton farmers 10 times the amount of there entire african aid pacakge

Did you know that if every rock star in live 8 gave up all the money they ever ernt including all the money they had already spent in there entire life time they would pay 2% of the intrest owed by the struggling african countrys for one year!

truly we are greedly selfish beings, after reading my own words i feel ashamed
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!