Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New intrests

New intrests

Well after taring down my first planted discus tank that was too small for them. I have decided too turn it into a reef tank. It was basically my girlfriends idea wanting a clownfish, but i would always talk her out of it but now she said she would pay for everything iam all for it.
    So here goes on the latest project, ive got a lot of reading too do and probably alot of shopping!!

Anyone else keep reef tanks.? Or are we strictly discus?

Cheers
    Scott

I am sure there are plenty of reef heads here as well...

I did have a couple of marine tanks going in the past, but none at the moment (stay tuned, that could change with little or no notice... lol)

hehh your a loose cannon ro!!!!

What did you keep in the past?? I was thinking something simple but i would rather have nice corals then exotic fish, but as ive been told corals are harder to keep alive than the fish.
    The fish I was thinking of was a lionfish, i ve always loved the look of them but apparently the dont go with clownfish and since its here tank, no lion fish for me

Reef is like a whole new ball game, and suprisingly not many lfs in melbourne are very informed about them and how too maintain them.

Larvae
    hey,

i am a reef keepers, i love exploring the nw world of these facinating features, lol

Nick

Yeah well Nick ill being racking your brain, in the near future.!

Ive noticed that opinions vary alot within the marine hobby, and every one feels strongly about there opinion, makes for some great debates!

Scott AKA - Flukes

Ive noticed that opinions vary alot within the marine hobby, and every one feels strongly about there opinion, makes for some great debates!
    no flukes that makes for mass debates

LOL

i was planning a 3 fter for locally caught fish but have to concentrate some more on work at present, soon i hope
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!

Hi, I'm New Here!
    tip to keeping clown fish is to try and get tank bred ones.They are bulletproof as well.Very very easy to keep.

TIP-buy a couple of sea horses as well your other half will love them so much you might even get permission to buy some more discus for yourself !!!!(it worked for me)

The clown fish is for the Mrs, i dont want them. Only thing i want is a lion fish! And now it has too be a dwarf so it doesnt eat the clownfish! grrr

Scott AKA - Flukes

Blue Diamond Discus
    I am just freshwater for the moment, but when I went snorkeling at rottnest island, which is just off perth, the brain coral and ofcourse the fish just blew me away. Reef/salt water ... wow ... beautiful ... expensive though yeah ? I think I will have to be content with snorkeling at Balmoral Beach.

Btw with the clownfish i believe you should get them in 2s, and only have 2.

Have you thought about angler fish ? j/k about them... interesting how fish this deep can only see the color blue, and how they can see red and produce a red light. Sorry just rambling.
    Dave

Larvae
    Flukes,

If I was going to set up a reef tank, I would have seahorses!! I have seen some beautiful smaller tanks set up with them and they looked stunning.

Lesley