Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    San Merah Discus

Show us some apistogramma piccies....

Ok, I'll start by posting up some pics of my all time favourite Apistogrammas, most of which are seldom seen and very high on my desirable list...

These are the top 3 most prized Apistogramma currently. I suppose the price is due to the rarity of collection in Brazil, they are quite sensitive and the fact that these are not that easy to breed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elizabethae_uaupes_r2930.jpg   welihelmi_male.jpg   a_diplotanea.gif  

San Merah Discus
    Below are some new apistogramma that I have just recently acquired. hope to be breeding them soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a_jura2_wz4r8741er.jpg   a_jura2_wz4r8750er.jpg   api_agassizi_whitetail.jpg  

San Merah Discus
    A bit more eye candy for the Apistdophile...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apistogramma_paucisquamis.jpg   apistogramma_spec_galaxis_male.jpg   apisto_juriensis_blackchin.jpg  

Colours are amazing

The fish look like an artist has painted them.

Beautiful.

Thanks Kev for giving me something else to think about LOL
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Medium Discus
    Hey Kev..how common are those A. agassizis in Aus. Ive picked up 5 from my LFS and at the moment they are pretty dull coloured but with some imagination they may look like the one you pictured, the white in the tail isnt as spectacular but the body colour is VERY similar.

Mike Miller

San Merah Discus
    I would say the Tefe white tails aren't all that common but they do occasionally show up. The trouble with the Tefes is that they need to be good size sub-adults before they start showing colour, so they are usually passed over in most LFS which don't know what a gem they've got. Keep em, and if you can, get some dark coloured substrate to enhance their colour. I find that the ADA Aquasoil "Amazonia" works wonders for the vitality and colour of the fish. The Singaporeans have been harping about the wonders the ADA aquasoi does for their Apistogramma for ages on AQ.

kev

Larvae
    Hi All,

I can't see any photos on this post. Am I missing something? (Am new to this forum so maybe there's some kind of formatting/image post protocol I'm missing.)

p.

Larvae
    Forget that, it's working now........

San Merah Discus
    Hmmm, must be a technical thing.... PM Proteus and see if he can sort it out for you.

In the mean time.. use some imagination.

Larvae
    Kev,

The Elizabethae is amazing. I've been a fan of this type from a distance for quite a while now. Haven't heard anything about them being imported into Aus yet though. Any plans...?