Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Longfin Albino Bristlenose - does anyone have?

hey this is not a classifieds post cause i already have some of these little beuties but i am wondering if anyone else has them? and if so could they post how much they bought them for and where.

the fins on my 4 are about 1/3 of their total length!!!!

cheers
    David
    DF.com Resident Cool Guy

anyone?
    DF.com Resident Cool Guy

There is a breeder here in Melbourne who currently is selling them, 3.5cm for $50 ea.

Ben

Hi, I'm New Here!
    At the LFS I work at we have 2 to 2.5 inchers for about $8, if I remember correctly. This is at Scott's Pet shop in Westchester, Illinois. Don't see how that will help you if you're in Australia, though.

lol! long fin albinos thoagh? were they actual longfins? cause $8 is very cheap!
    DF.com Resident Cool Guy

Free Swimmer
    it does against $80,but fish seem to be alot cheaper over seas then here.(a quote from discusjim) he moved to Australia around 2 year ago from Holland I think and always say that to me.

Brad

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Yeah, they were longfin albinos. they were white, had bristles on their noses, and they had very long fins. Maybe they were lower quality than the ones you are seeing, tho the ones I saw looked great.

I agree with Crocky. From what I've heard on this site, many fish are more expensive in Australia than here in the states. Maybe another reason for the wide price gap.

GP, Longfin Albinos have been around in the U.S. for some time. I recall back in 2004 I was drooling at the fact that you could buy juvies for less than $15, obviously the price has come down further.

awwwww!!! i was able to just get 4 and i payed the high price of $80 i wouldnt reconsider having bought them obviously but geez that really drops a load of concrete in ur boots doesnt it .....
    DF.com Resident Cool Guy

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Correction to my post above. I checked price of the plecos when I went into work today. They are actually going for 10.99, not 8. Still cheaper than 80, though!