Thread: what to do?????

what to do?????

ok, would it be ok if i had 2breeding pairs of discus in a 4x15x18...please let me know what u's think

Blue Diamond Discus
    Yes fine RJ Archer, but put a divider between the pairs, otherwise they will be inclined to "Argue".,

Regards,

Marg.
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

whats best a glass or plastic diverder

A glass divider is probably the best. That way you vitrually have two complete aquariums. Both sides will need to be filtered, but a simple sponge filter is usually all that's needed in breeding tanks, due to the number of water changes (usually daily if you want to induce a pair to spawn).

Plastic dividers are excellent, because you only need one filter, and one heater. The drawback is that the fry can pass through the holes in the plastic divider, and run the risk of being eaten by the other pair.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

ok where can i get a 15x18" glass divder or would perspex be ok?...and for the water changes im thinking of syponing the bottom of the tanks 2wice a day.....

Have a look in the Yellow Pages for "Glaziers" or "Perspex supplies" both of them will cut to your requested size.

Just a tip, make sure you give them the INSIDE measurement of your tank, and allow a little clearance for fixing the glass or perspex to the inside of the tank walls.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

i have a nice 6mm piece of perspex at home and iv marked it out to fit perfectly...