Just an Egg

New to Discus, Help needed!!!

ok i have decided to finally try my luck at keeping discus, now i just need the helpul advise of discus keepers to help me set up my discus tank

I have currently a 40 inch wide tank, by 18 wide by 24 high, its an unsual size i know, but its the biggest i can fit into my bedroom, its an aqau one curved glass tank. This is a display tank, it will be planted but not too heavily, so ........

will i need a Co2 system?

Anyway, what kind of filteration would i need?

im a big fan of the eheim filters, but i have since looked at the hydor range and they look impressive.
    Would i be better off with 2 smaller canisters or just one large one?

What kind of UV stereliser would i need, internal or external, what brands could be recomended and how much?

Should i use an internal heater or external hydor heater?

Money is not really an issue, i just want quality equipment thats low maintainece.

And finally, this is my first time at keeping discus, i have kept every other fresh water fish you can pretty much think of except discus.

How many discus should i start of with?
    i was thinking 2 fish to begin with and then adding another 2 later on, but i have read in this forum, the fish do better in groups. Any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

nick!

Nick, I've answered your post in General Discus Questions, so I'm locking this one, to keep things tidy :P
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend