Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Buddies

Blue Diamond Discus

Best Buddies

Knife Fish and Clown Loach - always together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1347_0001b.jpg  
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

Medium Discus
    You might have some little knife loach

San Merah Discus
    They're shy , always hide behind rock or driftwood

Blue Diamond Discus
    Thats funny. Who goes towards who ? Do they seek each other out or is there only one hiding place ? Very interesting behaviour.
    Dave

Blue Diamond Discus
    They are a really strange pair, and I say pair because they are always together.

The large rock is not far from the side of the tank - Knifie always goes in closest to the rock, then Loachie moves in right next to him and closest to the glass.

I have had them both for about 18 months now and they always stick together. When I put food into the tank they will come out of their spot and feed together, then they go back to their possie. You never see them in any other position, they are always in the same spot, facing exactly the same way .

You can go right up close to the glass and look at them - they just stay there snuggled up together. I guess they're in love . Like Duck said, I might get some little Knifeloaches .

I'm glad the picture turned out - I wasn't sure if it would as I'm not real smart when it comes to anything technical - now I just have to remember what I did so I can post some of my Discus.
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

Larvae
    Do you only have one clown loach?? If so, its probably schooling with the knife fish?

That is so cool. I love my ghost knife, just wish that it was nicer to my discus.

Just an Egg
    anyone familiar with a fish called commonly a "fruit salad tetra"? I have some and was wondering if they would be suitable tankmates?
    -tyler

If your looking for some high quality germans, look no further than Stendker discus. Discus hans is the man to see.
    http://www.discus-hans-usa.com

San Merah Discus
    More interesting common names... First time I've heard of Fruit Salad tetra.... Would like to know what they are though, so a picture would help.

Just an Egg
    here is a pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fruittetra3.jpg  
    -tyler

If your looking for some high quality germans, look no further than Stendker discus. Discus hans is the man to see.
    http://www.discus-hans-usa.com