Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Medium Discus

Bunnings 4 outlet programmable power board

I was in bunnings today and looked at a 4 way 240VAC power board that has an in built electronic timer. Each of the 4 power outlets has 4 programmable on/off times. This is great for lights, moon light and I was thinking of putting my air pump on, only at night. It must be built just for Aquariums

Now for Baldy and DIYJ if your reading we should look at maybe hacking this unit to provide a 1wire 240VAC switching unit. The unit itself would already have the 240 switches (Triac ?) and the electronic timer somehow triggers them on/off. So I was thinking all we may need to add is 4 x opto isolator and turn the opto on/off from a 1wire output...All very safe and effective...who's going to buy the first one and open it up...? they are only $25.00

I'll bite, going to bunnings tomorrow to get a few powerbords and timers anyway, you want me to pull it apart and get some good photos with the SLR?

Medium Discus
    just lets know if you can actually see the switching devices...relay or Triac if you don't kill yourself doing it how we might take out the clock bits and install some interfaces
    My online Aquarium www.rjconway.homeip.net

will do mate.

Free Swimmer
    Bad Inferno Do You Have A Brand Name And Part Number For The Power Board ?

Cheers

Medium Discus
    FISHO NO there was just a stack of them in Bunnings, I was in geelong for the day. It was NOT a known brand like Arlec, HPM etc..however did have an LCD display and a couple of buttons...I think it also stated it can handle two wide power adapters....I should of just picked one up whilst I was there

Free Swimmer
    I'd Be A Little Skeptical On The No Name Stuff ! Untill You Get A Really Good Look As To Whats Inside ! If There .5 Or 1 Amp Relay Contacts They Will $h!T Themselves In No Time .

Medium Discus
    Illusn...In my enthusiasm, I didn't actually acknowledge who the first post was from...I thought you where Bald_noggin (don't know if thats good or bad !) who built the 240VAC switching unit.

Please do not take the unit apart on my behalf unless you know what you are doing....ie electrician, 240VAC can kill you....

cheers

Medium Discus
    Doh...its in the bunnings catalogue which was delivered today."the big book of fathers day gifts"

.brand is Heller on page 45

Free Swimmer
    Yes 240v Hurts!" I Know, So Does 415Volts" I Think If I Ever Went To Get My Heart Tested,On One Of Thoes Special Machines. " Dont Know The Name Of Them"They Would Tell Me I Have Had Atlest 8 Heart Attacks !

But You Can Never Get Hurt If The Power Is Off! Unless A Capacitor Or Choke Or Ballast Is Discharging.
    Dont Work On Live Equipment !!!!!!!

[/quote]