Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rams from SLS

Rams from SLS

Well the Rams came in today, and as usual, I couldnt resist... (just got one pair atm, will get some more over the weekend).

I acclimated them for almost 1 hour in a container, and they have only been in the QT tank for less than 10 minutes and they are in full colour...

VERY NICE!!!

Please excuse the shaky pics, not easy to get them to stay still, they are exploring there new home...

Blue Diamond Discus
    Gee they are pretty Proteus. Do they get on well with the Discus? What sort of prices are they?
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

Do they get on well with the Discus? What sort of prices are they?
    Yes, and $18.95 ea

Blue Diamond Discus
    what size do they grow to? They would certainly brighten up the tank and also look more eyecatching than cardinals.
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

San Merah Discus
    These are wildcaught Venezualan young rams. They are no where near their their full glory yet. Need about a month to 2 months of growing to be in full colour. These have been quarantined and stabilised for a good period of time, eating just about anything and some are already starting to breed!!

Rams seldom get over the 5cm mark.

These rams are hardy little nuts, and if you've had little or no success keeping the crappy rams Australia has been getting, it's about time u try these and debunk the myth that rams are difficult to keep fish.

At $18.95 they're almost too cheap to believe for such quality rams!!!

Pictured is the colour we expect from good quality rams..... There are crappy rams, and there are wild rams!

PS: I'm arranging a shipment of wildcaught Peruvian rams (by way of Germany) shortly... Just curious to see if the Peruvian Rams (also Microgeophagus ramirezi) are any different to the Venezualan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m_ramirezi1114.gif   m_ramirezi1115.gif  

Blue Diamond Discus
    wow they really are pretty. Have to save my Dollars, won't I?. I'm already trying to save my pennies so I can come to Sydney and visit your shop - although I can only afford small Discus - unfortunately I am a Disability Pensioner - but whatever I do spend on my Fish is worthwhile, I get so much pleasure out of them.

I'd love to see a few of those little rams in my tank with my Discus.

Wrigglers
    They are really nice.

Do rams have to be kept in a colony, in a pair or do well just as a single fish?
    -To every sarcasm there's an element of truth-

San Merah Discus
    Pairs is preferable... singles will do if you have small tank.

These are not shy fish at all!!!

I have these here in Malaysia in a 1ft cube with A.cacatuoides "red flash" and A.trifasciata.... Rams are first to the front glass at the hint that I'm walking towards the tank. The apistos just go about their own bussiness....

Wrigglers
    Yes, and $18.95 ea
    OMG!!! you cant be serious!!!! they are only like 6$ here in the states!!!

wooooooooo, I can get the same rams for only 6$ here! geeze!!!!... anyway, you have 2 females I think... I love rams.. tried them once, but after loosing all of them and most of my cardinals and neons from fish TB I decided to just forget them!

very beautiful!
    (*^Shawn^*)

San Merah Discus
    WILDCAUGHT RAMS.... There's a big difference my friend.

Give a tingle to Jeff Rapps to check the price of Venezualan Rams in USA.
    http://www.tangledupincichlids.com/

There's also a big difference in freight from Columbia (where these fish are shipped out from) to USA or on a 70hour flight from Columbia to Australia (by way of Frankfurt, Singapore, Malaysia and finally Sydney).... add the 2 week quarantine required for cichlids in Australia, u must feel lucky that you are in the USA.