Just an Egg

for the pump masters

even though it's betta related i figured i'd ask over here and get a quicker response from the pump masters.

i'm making a 1 shelf barracks for my bettas. I have calculated that there will be about 100 liters doing a full circuit (containers to sump, then back around).

Will a 1000lph pump be big enough to do the job? it has to push the water back up about 1.4 meters max.
    Never met a wiseman if so was a woman

Medium Discus

Re: for the pump masters

Quote Originally Posted by lambo

I have calculated that there will be about 100 liters doing a full circuit (containers to sump, then back around).

Will a 1000lph pump be big enough to do the job? it has to push the water back up about 1.4 meters max.
    not sure what you mean by 100 liters doing a full circuit
    the head of water of 1.4m will get a bit close for the size pump i feel, however you should check with the manufacturer they will tell you the max head.....failing that can you put the pump higher to reduce the head??????.Jim
    .....Keep fit guys....get the bicycle out.....Jim

have fun and be nice to each other

You can also use a higher rated pump, and put a flow restrictor valve on the return line.

Medium Discus
    agreed lots of possibilities......you may consider "cost effectiveness"...Jim
    .....Keep fit guys....get the bicycle out.....Jim

have fun and be nice to each other