Hello All,

Brand New to discus keeping and fairly new to fish keeping in general. Here is my situation.

75 gallon
1 fluval 307, 1 fluval 407, 2 air stones (one on battery back up) 2 300 watt heaters on inkbird controller) sand substrate. Moderately planted.
307 has been running for about 3 months amd 407 about 4 months through 3 different tanks. Kept upgrading size and had one tank leak on me.

9/20
Stocked:
1 golden pearl pigeon snake skin
2 albini pearl diamond dark base
2 german red turquoise red base
2 super eruptiin blue base
1 red panda discus
1 colombian zebra pleco
20 rummynose tetras
1 german electric blue chili ram
10 juli corys

9/22
Changed fluval 407 outake to spray bar (plan on chinging the 307 to a spray bar as well)
Temperature in tank naturally dropped 2 degrees and then rose back up.(85-83-86) My 4 year old son left sliding door to deck open nearly all day and the tank is righr by the door.
Almost immediately noticed 2 german red turquoise starting to dance and clean some driftwood in middle and become very aggresive in defending their spot. This was after changing the outake (3pmish). Danced and cleaned pretty much all day and night.

9/23
Another day of dancing and cleaning. Although i did see that they are cleaning new spots. Still agressive towards others

Feeding beefhart and flakes. Water parameters are perfect and PH is at 7.6 (that is my tap water and what my tanks have been all along and i would rather not chase PH.

Currently have alot of poop on the floor and would like to clean and do a water change but i am scared of interrupting the breeding process.
Can i safely do a water change? If so how much? Should i try to avoid draining passed desired spawning location? What water change schedule should i follow going foward? About How long will it take them to actually spawn?

I do plan on moving them to a 20 gallon. I ordered a handmade cone and it is taking 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. Honestly was not planning on getting a possible pair in the first month let alone the 1st 2 days. Do i need to cycle the breeding tank? I plan on outting ina brand new 20 gal sponge filter, heater, and piece of driftwood from community btank for now until i get the cone. If i do not need cycle can i move them in right aeay as lomg as tempertaure and parameters are consistent?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.