I've had my pair of Brilliant Turquoise for about a month now and they've laid 4 times. Each time I've corrected what I think has gone wrong and the third time I had about a dozen free swimmers but they didn't last.
This time they laid between 400/500 eggs. I treated the tank with methylene blue (I know what's said about it.) They laid at about 4.30pm last Friday 7th July and by night time there was around 20 white eggs. On Saturday morning they had cleared out the white eggs and left the rest. I thought I was onto a winner but by Saturday night there were more white eggs (maybe 50). On Sunday morning they had cleared out most of the white eggs but lots of good ones went with em. Now, late Sat afternoon there are about 50 good eggs left.
Reasons for white eggs.

Two females.
Male sperm inadequate - Too young - too old - PH too low - water flow blowing milt away.
Water parameters not right - TDS too high and pressure destroying eggs - PH to a lesser degree - temperature to a lesser degree.
Bacteria/fungus.

What I would like to know is, leaving aside "he said, she said", is there a definitive paper that one can go to for information on this subject?
Some questions,
If, after some hours, there are still dark eggs can it be assumed that the male sperm has done it's job and if so, eggs that go white after this period can be attributed to a different cause?

I had a thought this morning that I haven't seen before. Could it be that a pair laying so many eggs know that their skin is in danger if so many are allowed to grow on and so cull a few?
Has anyone with this many eggs laid had the parents grow them on with no issues?