Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Medium Discus

Fluval 404 very happy

I finally decided to retire my Ehiem 2215 (after 10years only ever changed the o-ring.). I felt guilty not buying Ehiem especially after such a good run however costs/saving over come this and I now am the owner of the Fluval 404. I just moved my filter media across.....It has great power 4 times that of my 2215 and is very quiet....especially as it has to suck through my pH probe and then go back via a large UV canister. I luv the idea of baskets within the filter and I am wanting to fill these baskets with goodies...
    Tank has never looked sooooo clear its like my fish are suspended in air !

Congrats they area great filter...

Scott AKA - Flukes

Medium Discus
    Sometimes you want to think your new purchase has improved the water qualitiy......My water was very clear since I installed the 9W UV about 6 months ago however I think its polished now because I am using two of the four bags of carbon that came with the filter in the lower basket.
    My online Aquarium www.rjconway.homeip.net

Blue Diamond Discus
    I have 2 fluvals, they are great. Sometimes I have trouble restarting them after a clean though, however I do have additional attachments to them which may cause the issue.
    Dave

Wrigglers
    I have a fluval 404 as well, great filters but it is hard to strat after a change over. The easiest way I found was to shut the vales off while on. Turn the filter off, change over the media and then fill to the top. Turn back on as quickly let the shut off value loose. It works ever time.

Medium Discus

Yes

yes I agree Fluval make an awesome product, and sometimes they are hard to start again after cleaning.

So you cant just suck the output pipe and let the water drain in, then start her up? My Eheim starts every time doing this.

Medium Discus

Fluval

I must admit I have only had to start it once (yet to clean it) however seemed OK. I just used the built in plunger and primed it for 20-30 seconds. I'll pay more attention when I clean it in a couple of weeks and let you know.

cheers rob

Just an Egg
    Sorry eheim every time. That Eheim classics design has only been refined very little since they first started making them. Fluval on the other hand have thrown out 3 previous designs and are now on the 4th thats because they have all been rubbish. It won't be long before this model is gone either.

Evolution, not revolution.

Barry

Sorry that didn't help much but I have strong feelings on this.

when Henry ford was asked what choices of colour you could get in the model T he was annoyed and said "it comes in five shades of black"

he refused to change

IBM did a study before personal computer came out and belived that by the year 2000 between 500-600 homes would house a computer, they continued down the mainframe road for many years till they reailsed how wrong there thinking was

they only saw what they belived, they refused to believe what the saw

just because its a great filter dosen't mean you should not try to make new models

change = growth

if you aren't trying to be one step ahead you'll look up and find your one step behind

(thats my positive thoughts for the day LOL)
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!