Just an Egg

cleaning resun cannister filter

hi all was just wondering on how regular to clean my external cannister filter.and in what steps do i clean your help would be appreciated as am confused have been running for about one month now.im also runninig a totem internal filter .which does very well to .

Wrigglers
    i clean my filter out every 6 months. The only suggestion I give you is if your using a totally biological setup, then change half your noodles with new ones, and give the chambers a wash out with tank water not under the tap you will kill the bacteria..

Just an Egg
    thanks for your help

I only clean my filters once every three to six months too. Rinse the internal media in a bucket of old tank water, and replace the filter floss. Sponges can be squeezed and re-used. Don't be too vigorous with cleaning anything, just a quick rinse. You don't want to destroy your bio filtration.

Pitchblack, do you replace half your noodles each time? Is that to seed another filter, or do you have another reason.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Wrigglers
    yeah to seed other filters that im in the process of starting up... breeding room project