Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wrigglers

Jothy's Altums..

Just a few pics of jothy's altums, stopped over today at Jothy's place with my brother, took a few snap's..

Not to Pleased with the overall result of the pics, but If you want better pic's, i'll bring the camera back around once the altum's are in the display.

Altum's were abit camera shy today and were facing the opposite side most of the time LOL, LED's were on but weren't really visible as the natural light coming from the window behind the holding tank kinda killed it lol

you can kinda see the led's working in the background, reflecting the light on the side of the redback;s.

Didn't bring the flash out either as i couldn't be bothered building the diffuser, plus i dont think their would be enough headspace for the flash to fit in..

Was basically a quick point and shoot..

*Disclaimer:
    If you hav'ent relised by now i can't spell for $H!T

Wrigglers
    and from what i hear theres two bonded pairs
    *Disclaimer:

2 pairs just waiting to spawn need to fatten them up and grow them up a bit more they're still only 11 inches in height tip to tip

yeah not too bad.....

bah! they are awesome mate well done. can't believe i still havn't seen them in the flesh.... i need to pull my finger out!
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Wrigglers
    LOL, i call bullsh!t on the size of your redbacks jothy!....

oh and adrian check out how good jothy grew those whiptails out in pic 3.. bloody stunners
    *Disclaimer:

Since jono started this thread i supose i better add to it, please excuse the hardware the old fuji 5600 is starting to date, the night mode seemed to give the best representation of color but was a little hard to focus on everything.

tank specs4x2x16" tall 30C pH 6.0
    water changes 50% daily every other day if I'm busy but atleast 5x a week
    filtration:aquaclear 500 on one end fusion 4 on the other large sponge filter working as an airstone
    Lighting: DIY LED lamp
    FISH:6x Altums
    3x sub adult redbacks (EA's 1st batch)
    5 juvinile redbacks (EA's NSW group buy)
    3x long nose whips
    25ish neon tetras (feeders) + cardinal tetra
    Feeding: tetra color granules + sera viapan 3x a day, freeze dried aussie blackworms once a day (at night) 30-50 neon tetras a month
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails full_tank_198.jpg   fish_144.jpg   altums.jpg  

more...
    the 3 big redbacks are from the 5 Adrian sent me when he first had them, the smaller ones are the remaining from the 10 that Jono got with the NSW group buy, kinda a massive diffrence in size, they were all the same when you first got them right Adrian?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails altumredback.jpg   redbacks.jpg   redbacks2.jpg  

more:
    these are the dominent pair of altums the male wont let any other male anywhere near the filter intake, he seems to let girls come and go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pair1_174.jpg   alltum_redbacks.jpg   whip.jpg  

Just an Egg
    Hi, Jothy
    when i look closely some of the Manacapuru have some lump at the middle of the body,bone? some of the juvenile are so slim , worm ?