I am in the process of working out what to do with this site, both in regards to its future, and any possible upgrade work that is well overdue.

As some will know, www.BettaForums.com was locked down some 8-9 months ago as its use had pretty much stopped. The same is starting to happen with www.AusFishForum.com , and we can't hide the fact that things here are not what they used to be.

So what do we do?

I have been thinking about merging all the forums, along with opening things up to other areas, such as the keeping of dogs, cats, birds and other pets as a lot of us dont just keep fish. Plus we have a lot of resources such as auction and classifieds software we have on hold (aquaauctions.com & aquaclassidieds.com - both offline).

What are peoples thoughts on this, would you support a large open community discussing many other types of pets, or would you rather DiscusForums.com to take its own path and we just look at merging the other sites and trying to build a new community that way?

If we did go down the path of merging everything I would ensure that Discus have there very own area, not just one topic area, after all, the Discus is the King of the Aquarium...

Votes and comments welcomed.