Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spawned !!!!

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar

Spawned !!!!

My Apistrogramma Trifasciata pair have spawned. Only looks to be about 25-30 eggs though. Its their first attempt.
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!

now for the ong haul - Trifaciata grow so damn slow....

There are only about 15 or so eggs left.

Just an Egg
    Stop eating them! Not caviar!

The eggs have hatched. 15-20.

Medium Discus

A.trifasciata Spawn

hey Ado

thats pretty good for a first trifasciata spawn. When mature a trifasciata spawn of 30 is considered good.

Does this (your spwan) mean you no longer want one of my females

cvongratulations.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Spawns don't count unless you can provide images heh heh heh

take care

They are in a spot that makes taking a pic impossible at this stage. Once she brings them out i will take a pic.

I will still be wanting another female as i will probably keep the best male from a spawn in case something happens to the male i have now. I figured that its best not to inbreed to much. What do you think hassles?

Medium Discus

Inbreeding Best Avoided

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyAdo
    They are in a spot that makes taking a pic impossible at this stage. Once she brings them out i will take a pic.

I will still be wanting another female as i will probably keep the best male from a spawn in case something happens to the male i have now. I figured that its best not to inbreed to much. What do you think hassles?
    Always best to avoid inbreeding. A time ot two is ok but best avoided. I have two trifascaiata lines and two jurensis lines and its always good to swap fish to establish / maintain genetics. I have always sourced cacatuoides to beed with those I have bred. The problem lies with the less common species - where do you get other bloodlines from ?

She has them out for the first time. The are bigger than i thought they would be. Im just about to give them a little feed.

I was kind of hoping one of the juvi gobies would venture a little closer to see what happens. The male looks to be keeping a close eye on them. I have not seen any aggression between the parents.

Medium Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyAdo
    She has them out for the first time. The are bigger than i thought they would be. Im just about to give them a little feed.

I was kind of hoping one of the juvi gobies would venture a little closer to see what happens. The male looks to be keeping a close eye on them. I have not seen any aggression between the parents.

You may very well noit see aggression between the parents but... keep a close eye on the male. Should he become overly insistent on breeding again the female may abandon the fry or she may become stressed - with undesirable consequences. Just be observent and intervene if deemed neccessary. Damn lovely fish the trifaciata