Just an Egg

One or two filters?

Hi All,
    Is it better to have one large canister filter for my new 6'x2'x2' planted discus community tank or two smaller ones?

Many Kindly Fishy Regards
    Jason

I have eheim pro II 2028's & I still think there is a dead spot in the middle of the tank. Mine is fairly heavily planted, so that might make a difference.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

2 is better than 1 i have an eheim 2080 on one end of my 6x2x2 and a diy tower filter with 2000L/H of flow on the other end, i have no dead spots.

in all honesty even the massive 2080 really isn't big enough for a 6x2x2 on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by TW
    I have eheim pro II 2028's & I still think there is a dead spot in the middle of the tank.
    Sorry, what I meant to say is that I have two eheim pro II 2028's on my 7 ft tank. One on each end.

In the middle of the tank, I don't see my plants swaying around too much, so I don't think 1 is enough.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Wrigglers
    I have 2 eheim 2217 runing at each end of a 6x2x1.5 and I also think there is a dead spot in the middle.

Im setting up a little 2213 in the in the middle of the tank so that should fix things. I thought instead of powerhead why not a cute little eheim.!
    Cheers
    Bart

Medium Discus
    diddo. I have two eheim 2080's on my 5.5ft tank. For circulation and filtration effectiveness im very glad i went with 2. Especially for a Discus tank.
    Aaron