Wild Blue & Brown Bio Type (sort of)

I'm (sort of) creating a bio type for my wild blues & browns. ATM, there are 2 wild blues and 3 wild browns in the tank. There are still 2 more wild browns to add in & they will transfer over sometime during the coming week.

Trying to keep the tank minimalist. ATM, I've avoided planting anything in the substrate. That might change but for now, it's not in the plan. I'm in the process of sourcing floating plants, as wilds are meant to have those in their natural environment.

Would like to get rid of the heater. Maybe inline, but not sure if I have room in the cabinet for that.

Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Just an Egg
    Hi Robyn.... Looks like you and the discus are off to a good start.. Are you gonna do the black water/tannin thing or do you not like that look. I think it will look great as is.. of course with more discus .. Guess you had no problems transporting them.. The floating plants will probably make the discus feel very comfortable. Take care... Sue
    120gal koi angel , baby angels, rams and orangehead geos
    29 gal angel , bn, red tailed shark and black skirts

Hi Susie

Thanks for nice comments.

The discus I was asking about for transporting fell through. Through some sort of major stuff up, I found I was committed to 2 different sources of the same discus. Felt really bad about it, but had to cancel one source, as I couldn't take both of lots. The source I didn't cancel - well the fish were supposed to arrive from Glasser Germany today - but they were missing from the shipment. Guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. Bit of a disappointment all round.

In the meantime, these wild Browns & Blues I've had since last year, but bought in 2 separate groups. So they had to QT separately. I'm in the process of transferring the last 2 wilds from the 7ft into this one.

I don't think I'll bother with black water. But never say never. ATM, my wood is giving off tannin anyway. It was wc tonight, so mild in the above pics.

There will also be non discus tank mates to come.

Tiny Fry
    I love it! and it looks as though the fish do too!

What amazing colors!!

keep up the good work Robyn

R.

Just an Egg
    Great looking tank there TW! your fish are beautiful and look like they really like it too.

Blue Diamond Discus
    Robyn you've done a fantastic job. I absolutely love it..!!!!!
    Can't wait to see these floating plants.

Hey thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback