Larvae

Sumping 1 of my Breeding Set ups for Discus

Below are the pics of me smping 6 2ft Tanks for breeding Discus.

As you can see by the bottom 2 Tanks I had to bulkhead the back of the Tanks as the stand is close to the ground and I wouldnt get water out of the Tanks to the sump.

If you look at the piping on the back of the Tanks and you see the bottom Tanks I added an T piece to the Bulk head so it could breath and I don't get an air lock.

I have no strainers on the pipes yet as I am waiting for them to arrive.

I am doing a 2 week fish less cycle and you can see I have a couple of my Sponge filters that have good bacteria in them to help + I took some good water out of my other tanks to help fill these with good bacteria water.

Thanks
    Jimmy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails exit_piping_2.jpg   exit_piping.jpg   bulk_head_in_tank.jpg  

Larvae

More pics of sumping tanks

Some more pics, this is my first time and I had so much fun, a tad worried but had no hassles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sump_almost_set_up.jpg   shows_all_the_piping.jpg   in_and_out_piping.jpg  

Larvae

More pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sump_in_operation.jpg   water_in_138.jpg   tank_set_up.jpg  

Larvae

More pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails top_view_of_sump_136.jpg   set_up_and_working.jpg  

Larvae
    I will have some more pics, I am waiting on my Glass lid with 6 addoptors in it so the hoses attch to it.

i like the yellow backgrounds... is there a reason for this??? or just colour preference?

thanks
    matt
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Very nice, I want one

Larvae
    Nah I had my Breeding Pairs of Peppermints in here ansd it was a lot easier to see there babies.

San Merah Discus
    Nice clean setup Jimmy and kudos to you for the T junction idea. We always struggled with our bottom row of tanks and didn't do that. Where were you lol?

Is there a specific reason for having a return on each tank as opposed to either one or two (from each side) returns to cater for the whole system? Just interested as it's different to most closed systems I've seen.
    Cheers
    MAC

Larvae
    It's if I have a problem I can isolate a Tank and not have any issue with the others, just more plumbing