Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    San Merah Discus

Auction: Coming soon......

Some of you will remember these spectacular discus posted recently on DF. Shortly, u will have the chance to buy these TOP SHELF discus on auction at an exceptional price!!!

SLS, in colaboration with some Penang breeders of exceptional high quality discus will be listing these SUPER DISCUS on auction on the recently launched AquaAuctions.

These are such high quality specimens which would never make it's way to Australia if not for this auction system.

Breeders will be listing their fish (one fish at a time... so what u see, is what u will get!), at a price they are after (reserve price), and the auction will begin. To start, these auctions will be only open to Australia (for now), so if you see a fish you like, put a bid on it!! If you should win the auction and meet the reserve price, you will pay the breeder directly and the fish will be sent over to Australia on SLS's next avaiable discus shipment (shipments come in every 4-6weeks). SLS will charge a transhipping/quarantine fee plus local shipping for the discus if you are located interstate.

These are just some of the fish that will be on the auction site... SOON.

I think my late Christmas present has arrived...

Medium Discus
    I'd love it too, but I think it is really difficult for some one like me living in different state, because we have to take all costs into account like transhipping/quaratine and local shipping fee.

Kev

Would you pls give us roughly how much they cost? Thanks

ctvu

San Merah Discus
    For the quality these fish are, buying it this way will be the cheapest way to obtain them. The price on these fish would be something like at least 1/2 of what it would cost if we had to buy them from the breeder and then resell thru SLS.

This way, we take less risk so put minimal margins on these fish.

Tiny Fry
    SLS will charge a transhipping/quarantine
    Do you know what the above fee would be per fish?

Tiny Fry

Just a note

Hey kev will these fish also come with the same arrive alive guarantee as normally given by these guys and what happens if you buy a particular fish and it dies at any stage during the shipping to you for quarantine. How do they handle if i have hand picked a fish and it dies?

Also what happens if the fish dies during the quarantining etc. Just so i know what to expect as i may have a bit of a bid as well.

Wayne

San Merah Discus
    Yes, of course there is a "Live guarantee". DOA fish would be replaced with a fish of equal value on the next shipment. We will present both the breeder in Penang and the buyer with photo evidence that the fish arrived dead.

So far in all our time importing discus, we have only ever received 6 DOA fish and these have been small fish under 3". We have yet to lose a 3.5" fish and up in shipment on arrival.

We are still in discussions with a number of breeders regarding an acceptable resolution in the unlikely event that the fish arrive in bad condition and does not make it out of quarantine alive. The likely outcome would be a replacement of equal value as well.

Our track record has been pretty good with quarantine of large high value discus. So far, we have lost 3 large discus in quarantine and have brought over 700 pieces of large discus over the year. Our quarantine procedure requires that the fish to be shipped into Australia be passed to our very experienced shipping agent in Penang who will treat the fish for internal and external parasites using very powerful drugs for 5days prior to the fish being sent over here. High value fish like these fish on auction get priority treatment and are quarantined in Australia in a tank of their own. (1fish/tank! hence the charge)

Every measure is taken to ensure that you receive the best and healthiest possible fish at the best possible price, especially when we are talking about shipping these high value fish.

San Merah Discus
    wait wait... more to come. James just headed out for breakfast.. brb to list more.

Just an Egg
    Does anyone know if there are any fees payable to aqua auctions if:
    1. you are the buyer?
    2. you are the seller?

Kev

Would you know how much SLS will charge for their services? It will make it easier for us when we are bidding.

Thanks

Marvin