Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, I'm New Here!

9 Foot tank finally complete ready for Altums

Well after 2 years of planning and waiting to build the new house so i can build my tank in, the wait is over.
    The tank is in and being cycled. I have 7 young Altums to go in it and would have liked to have more but 7 more died on me, don’t ask me what happened. It a sad story.

Here are some pictures of the 9x2.5x2 planted tank with a 6x18x15 sump and additional 2250 Ehime filter as well as a custom made under gravel PVC filter. No excuse that there is not enough filtration, this guys are going to have the best quality water that I can provide for them, and once it is all stable and cycled the young’s will be transferred into there new home.

As some will tell you this is a stressful time as the two tanks would need to have almost the same water condition to eliminate any stress on the fish after the transfer. Fingers crossed.

Blue Diamond Discus
    I got all excited to see pics, where are they??

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Sorry for the delay in posting images, image size was the problem, and finely i got around to resize and post them on.
    So far I have managed to transfer 2 of the Altums in to the new tank, and they are doing extremely well.
    Despite what I have been reading my Altums are kept in a PH of 6.8 and cant see any problem with them. It took some time to bring the P.H up but they are happy, and more importantly growing.

I don’t have any images of the fish yet, but that will come shortly, I didn’t want to stress the fish by taking pictures of them.

Well here are some pictures of the tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pvc_slits.jpg   pvc_show.jpg   stand_149.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    More pics
    the tank is 9 foot long x 2.5 foot high and 2 foot wide made in 15mm glass.

The sump is 6foot long x 18inch wide x 15 in high
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tank_outside.jpg   undergravel.jpg   stainless.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails some_water.jpg   gravel2.jpg   gravel_894.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    here come the plants
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plant2_189.jpg   plant1_106.jpg   tank_with_some_plants.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    more plants
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plant5.jpg   plant4.jpg   plant3_102.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    and more plants
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plant9.jpg   plant8.jpg   plant7.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    More pics of full tank

the water is brown because of the peat moss bags in the sump

You see the 2250 ehiem canister here as well, this is connected to the under gravel pipes, via the taps behind the canister. this system doubles up as an easy gravel vacuum system, just connect a pump to the taps and suck the water out, each tap will control 3 foot length of the tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inside.jpg   tank_inside.jpg  

Blue Diamond Discus
    Looks great, has to be a fishes dream to be in that big tank.