Hi, I'm New Here!

Which corys are best with discus

Thinking of putting a group of 7 corys in my discus tank. Tank temp. is 29 and Ph is 7, sand substrate with Java fern and driftwood. Which sort of cory would be best ?

Blue Diamond Discus
    The best Cory strain suitable for the high discus temps would most likely be the Sterbai.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I have some Panda Corys in with mine and everyone seems happy

Blue Diamond Discus
    Panda cories can work but they don't suit the recommended higher discus temps.
    I kept several cories for approx 6 months, then they just died for this reason.

Larvae
    I've lost 3 panda cory's in my discus tanks very quickly and I think it's the temperatures. I've heard of some doing it successfully but generally speaking I don't think they're suitable for the warm conditions.
    Bronze corys work well for me.

Just an Egg
    Hi,

this is Heiko Bleher and I just wanted to say about Corydoras:

In discus habitats live co Corydoras, but in the region normally yes. Depending of the discus species.
    i.e.
    for Blue Discus (S. haraldi) you can add C. schwartzi, C. reticulatus, C,. agassizii, C. julii

for Heckel Discus (S. discus) C. davidsandi, C. imitator, C. adolfoi,

for green Discus (S. aequifasciatus): C. panda, C. leucomelas, C. weitzmani etc.

What I read here about temperature is not correct, C. panda surely do not die at 29 degrees (they live in nature between 24-30), or they were sick, or not acclimatized, or the wrong underground (many Corydoras cannot normally survive or live long if not given fine sand 0.3-0.5)

Best regards

Heiko Bleher
    www.aquapress-bleher.com
    www.aqua-aquapress.com
    Heiko Bleher

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Heiko,I am keeping both C. schwartzi and C.panda in with my Discus and everyone seems healthy and well
    Even with the use of fans in the hood of my tank the temps can nudge 30oC with no sign of distress from the cories