Hi, I'm New Here!

Take them out or not?

Last weekend I moved my 6 Angels a 4 little tetra things into my 6 foot tank.
    This afternoon i noticed eggs on one of the plants leaves.

Could anyone help me i dont know what i should do next do i take them out leave them where they are or get one of the breeding container thingos?

thanks
    Kris

Hi Kris. You can take the leaf out with the eggs on it and put in a separate tank to hatch.

Don't like the mesh breeder containers. I find that the angels will suck the fry through the mesh, and you lose them anyway. They're much safer in a tank of their own.

Naturally you'll need to do daily water changes, and of course they need their own (cycled) sponge filter and a heater. Angel babies grow quite well without their parents, so long as you feed them 4 times a day on newly hatched brine shrimp.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Just an Egg
    How did it go?

I just sold a pair of breeders.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    not so great lol first lot got sucked up into the filter (separate tank) 2nd lot i left in the main tank and they got eaten over night and the third lot disapeared one by one so next time i will leave them till they are free swimmers and remove them making sure i have stocking over the filter or put them in a breeding net in the separate tank

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Oh dear lol looks like i need the tank ready i just found some wrigglers lol no idea where they came from hehehehe i have 2 breeding pairs in my tank lol i cant keep up

Just an Egg
    Two pair in one tank! How are they keeping scales on their bodies? My pair were mean, mean, mean!

I used a ten gallon with sponge filter and air stone to move water. Methylene Blue will keep them from getting fungi on them. I fed them baby brine. Oh ya, I took them at about the 24 hour period.

I would also stay away from the breeding nets. Bad idea, they need a small tank by themselves to hatch and grow. Water change daily. I used airline to get the water out and stuff off the bottom to prevent sucking them out.

It is difficult getting started but once you get it, you got it.