Hi, I'm New Here!

Classifieds Forum.

Hi Proteus,

May I suggest that you ask members, that when entering a "Buy" or "Sell" that they at least put in their "State", it would be even better if they could add the "Suburb" also.
    It saves a lot of time, looking at posts that are to far away to be practical.

Thanks, The Old Bill.
    "Take from me the hope that I can change the future, and you will send me mad."

Larvae
    I totally agree with Old Bill, location of the seller in the subject would be very useful.

Just an Egg
    that would be sweet idea The Old Bill

how about modify the buy sell section into states.

SA buy n sell
    Qld buy n sell
    Nsw buy n sell

then people can put a post in their state..... easy. if you cant find anything local you can check out whats in other states....easy.

Larvae
    What about items then that people are ready to post australia wide? They'd have to post it on all three forums to ensure everyone sees it.

I dont know php nor have i ever maintained a forum but is it possible to write some code to add the location of the user automatically to the subject name when he submits a post in the classifieds forum?

The problem i can think of is that some don't have a location specified, but maybe it can alert the user then to add a location to his/her profile or make location a compulsory field in the profile anyway.

Just a thought.

its a requirement of the posting in the classifides that a location MUST be specified.

Just an Egg
    you and everyone else on this forum

it would be great to hear
    from breeders continuously
    when they breed and want to sell stock
    but
    noone advertises on this forum

discus21
    Does anyone know why this is the case?

Obviously serious breeders have contacts they regularly supply but what about advancing the hobby.

I thought one purpose of forums like this was to encourage people to join the hobby.
    There seems to be a distinct shortage of available stock from verified sources.

Regards Martin
    http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~cichlabxr/Sigmin.jpg
    "How do you know if honesty is the best policy unless you've tried some of the others?"

Just an Egg
    hi all check out my classifieds in melb they are a small start maybe i can help trigger aussie breeders to start selling more stock i am a hobbiest that is always willing to part with young if i have luck in my breeding program

Re: Classifieds Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Bill
    Hi Proteus,

May I suggest that you ask members, that when entering a "Buy" or "Sell" that they at least put in their "State", it would be even better if they could add the "Suburb" also.
    It saves a lot of time, looking at posts that are to far away to be practical.

Thanks, The Old Bill.
    Noted and already instituted Bill.

This rule was brought in over 4 years ago.

If any of the mods see a classified post without a location, they will remind the poster. If it's not rectified within a week, the post is removed.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend