Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Larvae

L46 pics (Updated @ 21 Oct)

I am just very excited in having them, too excited that I just wanna share with everyone, I hope you like them as much as I do!

Just an Egg
    WOW... they are stunning!!!
    I wonder is they are available in Aus because I have NEVER seen them before!!!!
    I want some!!!!
    "We have to remember that we either live in nature or not at all. Through building and maintaining beautiful natural aquaria, people relearn the intricate connections between forms of life: plants, fish, microorganisms and humans. Riches and beauty come from harmony, from balance. Aquaria are great teachers of this truth." - Takashi Amano

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

the more i see these fish the more i think I'd set up a biotype tank just for them!!!!

STUNNING fish awth and great photos too.

boost.puppy: they are available in oz, but they're import is illigal, so breeders here can sell fry, but dont expect change from $500 for a 3cm fish

Medium Discus
    spot on illusn $500 for 3cm $1000 for an adult

Medium Discus
    Yep - that's about right for the cost of them down under.

And for that kind of photo shots - the gears can cost you 6x 3cm L046.

Just an Egg
    ouch! and I bet my ghostknife would think mmnnn lunch... bye bye hard earned $$$

very impressive fish!!!
    "We have to remember that we either live in nature or not at all. Through building and maintaining beautiful natural aquaria, people relearn the intricate connections between forms of life: plants, fish, microorganisms and humans. Riches and beauty come from harmony, from balance. Aquaria are great teachers of this truth." - Takashi Amano

Larvae
    Awth,

I was in HK 2006 and found some L046s matured colony for sale in one of the shop at gold fish street and man what a bargain. They were going for $1200hk each. I was very tempted to grab them all but unfortunately I've chicken out due to the restriction on our import. How much did you paid for them if you don't mind me asking?

They are very nice.

Cheers
    Hilton

stunning stunning stunning!

awth, could i trouble you for a full tank shot, i'd just like to see how you've set up the "cave work" for them

Larvae
    Thx all.

Para: I once bought them 10yrs ago, they were only USD25, USD45 8yrs ago, USD70 6yrs ago, then I quited aquarium for couple years until 2 yrs ago, I picked up the hobby again, they were already USD160, I didn't bought any when I had the chance, cos I was thinking I bought them much much cheaper, why I have to over-pay for them now, I waited. 1 yr ago, they went up to USD230, I waited again. Now, for these 5pcs from 2 sources, I paid slighty more than half of what ILLUSN mentioned for 3cm, but in USD and they are 5.5-6cm.

Thomas: have you start saving yet? I expect to see you real soon in HK for the gears! CANON ONLY PLEASE, excuse me, non-Canon fans!!!! :P

Illusn: no probelm, here you go. Those Ranchu were just temporary resident, of course, they have their own tank now. The caves, they are handmade and I ordered them from Germany and they also make Apisto caves. From my observation, 99% of all my Apisto prefer to breed in these German caves rather than an oridinary cave. I wonder what are the material the German used.